Large South Sea Pearls

S

Shermanbros

A client of mine has requested the larges South Sea Strand available. She wants 20mm or larger, and she wants a strand with no flaws. I asked a few vendors at the Tucson and Vegas shows with no luck. Any chance someone here has a way to get their hands on one?

I actually know an importer that has a strand like this available. I know he has had it for nearly two years and he wants to get it out of stock. This would probably be hte perfect opportunity for you. I will call him myself and get his contact information to you as well. Look for a private message coming from me tomorrow.

I did not even know South Sea pearls that large were available! I have never seen a strand larger than 17mm, and this strand was retailing for nearly 1/4 million US!

The Star of the West is the largest natural SSP ever found in Australia!
That Pinctada must have been more than 12-inches across!

According to an article I just read, the record breaking Australian South Sea cultured pearl necklace size is a 16-20.1mm strand and it set a record breaking price for pearls at $2,310,000 at Sotheby's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shermanbros said:
A client of mine has requested the larges South Sea Strand available. She wants 20mm or larger, and she wants a strand with no flaws. I asked a few vendors at the Tucson and Vegas shows with no luck. Any chance someone here has a way to get their hands on one?

hello i am responding to your notice I know of someone who has a single pearl that is 22mm and another assortment of 18mm if you are interested please contact me and we can discuss other paticulars

thanks Nicole

Really large cultured South Sea pearls with no flaws are very rare and to get an entire strand of them is going to be quite pricey but can be done! It would be a phenomenal piece to have in your jewelry collection!

Back