Burmese Golden Pearl

Justin86

Hi All,

Recently i went to Singapore Jewellery Fair and saw some Burmese Golden Pearls. Are they considered as South Sea Pearls? They come in various sizes as well and as big as 15mm. They are sold in price per carats. About 10mm sold for about USD14/carat and bigger about 11mm sold for about USD18/carat. What you guys think based on experience?

Thanks & Regards
JUStin :)

Burmese Golden SSP fall under the broader category of South Sea Pearls, yes.

I haven't seen any Burmese SSP in person, only a photo or two, but have read that they are particularly desirable for their somewhat rosy/salmon color. I'd love to see more of them....

Are they from the Burmese vendors at the fair? I browsed the Burmese stalls but didn't see any pearls that caught my eye. But there are a few nice SSPs brought in by the Japanese vendors at the fair. I rem spotting a pair with the salmon pink color that's quite nice at TPC.

Have fun shopping!

Hi Icyjade
Need to ask them. They keep them in packets. Especially when u see them selling the pearls in strands or with settings.
I think they are pretty descent nice colours. My first time sourcing pearls :D
Thanks

image.jpg

Very beautiful. Some button in golden gold. Some cream colours

image.jpgimage.jpg

Different lightings. About 13mm size. Quite clean n round. Cream colour

Very interesting. I am just starting to get more interested in GSSPs

Darn I missed seeing them at the fair. But anyway I was all shopped out... I'll keep a lookout at the Nov fair. :)

Bluidragon here are two pictures of my golden south sea strand (not sure of the origin of the pearls other than purchased from PP) taken in a 24kt gold bowl that sits on my coffee table. Both pictures I took with my cell phone at Pearl Paradise when I picked up the strand. I love and wear this strand often ;)
In the lobby light box
golden-bowl-and-ss-green-t-earrings.jpg

Sitting on the showroom table at PP.
cynde's-golds.jpg

Back