Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thank you! It's a wonderful/terrible ring to wear at work. Can't stop looking at it!

Here's another picture from my car where I get some pretty

Now I'm really kicking myself that I didn't buy that SoC keshi necklace when it popped up on the Kojima website. It was so similar in looks to the ombre' Tahitian necklace I bought from Kojima, that I didn't think I needed two the same. Doh! I love that I get to see it on you, JEG. I'll live vicariously.

Also, it's a good thing I was not able to attend most of the SoC live events, because my wallet thanks me. But in honor of Douglas, I wore my SoC ring today. The SoC pearl that Douglas brought to the last Ruckus for me looks nothing like any of the pearls in the live event. I got a unicorn. It's set in a PP Frost setting in rose gold.

View attachment 468538View attachment 468539View attachment 468540View attachment 468541View attachment 468537

I wore it today with Sharkey pendant and black and white (peacock and lavender) Tahitian pearls from Kamoka. I love that stupid shark pearl, and I don't even like sharks.

View attachment 468536

And because I'm in a colorful mood. Here's the Eclipse necklace (Edisons from PP) with The Swan (Pacific Pearls) and The Devine Sarah (Kojima). Lately I've been buying pearls that don't even look like pearls. These are just crazy. I went from loving only white pearls to not being able to get them colorful enough.

View attachment 468535View attachment 468534

And the back of The Swan. She's in a pressure setting, so if I ever decide to reset her, the front back and sides of the pearl are all beautiful and undrilled.

View attachment 468533
I live most of my vicarious pearl life through all of you! BWeaves, you have no idea how close I came to buying the Divine Sarah (😂) pendant. I'm glad it found a great home. I love your SoC ring. I chose a mabe that is in the lighter color range. I'd love to make a ring out of (I already have a lot of pendants, but never a pearl ring). If anyone has a good idea or example to share, it would be greatly appreciated. The pearl size is 13x13.8mm.

Thank you! It's a wonderful/terrible ring to wear at work. Can't stop looking at it!

Here's another picture from my car where I get some pretty good lighting 😀
Be careful with that stunner. Over the weekend I learned about the perils of driving with distractingly beautiful jewelry worn on the hands or wrists. Thank you, CortezPearls for the valuable lesson.🤣🤣🤣

This is the best thread ever!!! I learn a ton!!! I was able to finally see some of these amazing types of pearls in real life and because of getting to see the pictures here I had already decided what I liked and did not like. Before I came here, I thought round were only kind to get...even if I find them boring. This forum gave me the confidence to pick what I loved, in budget. I saw lovely Edisons with amazing depth of color, some super intersting singles, I got to see pearls up close way, way over my budget. Then I was able to pick a fablous strand of what I will enjoy wearing...without having to make people social distance from me so I don't ruin my way over budget pearls. And I still get to enjoy seeing all of the glory in this thread!!! Thank you every one that posts here!

And then one of my most prized pieces, custom made by the amazing Sheri of course. OMG just LOOK at this ring!!! The color, my reflection in the pearl, the craftswomanship, and the head of the teensy octo is a SoC keshi of course lol.

View attachment 468564
View attachment 468565
We can see your complete reflection. What a mirror finish on that mabe'!

Hello ladies! While I was able to log onto the Saturday PP SoC Lives, I was out on Sunday and missed out. It prompted me to dig through my own SoC pieces, so I am doing a little bit of throw-back post here.

I seem to always start my first purchases in each pearl categories with a bang lol. I was lucky enough to adopt from PKinnew one of the earlier SoC mabe strands back in 2016 when she rehomed her collection. This strand was well photographed in one of the earlier ruckuses and you can see one of the pic was by Blaire.
View attachment 468561
View attachment 468562
View attachment 468563

The amazing thing about this strand, aside from the larger and colorful center mabe, the rest of the mabes are pretty well matched across.
Gorgeous mabe' necklace. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't buy that big mabe' necklace from Kojima back in the day. It was a stunner. Hindsight. I've realized over time that I need to get something when I see it, because pearls are unicorns and I'll never see the same thing again.

Hahaha- pistachios will never be the same for anyone watching the live event. The earrings and strand make a great combo, BWeaves!

Love your combo, too, lary007! I’m a big fan of Tahitian keshi and tiny T’s!!! (and multi-colored strands!!!)

In addition to my vintage Biwa necklace from Fuji, I also received a mix of vintage Akoya, which I wire wrapped into a short tin cup. Short tin cups have been a staple for me this past year.
View attachment 468550

Wearing them with another tin cup I made with Vietnamese Akoya, and MOP earrings from Hawaii.
View attachment 468551View attachment 468552
Beautiful ensemble jeg! You always have the best mix of pearls.

@BWeaves yes I remember the large Mabe strand from Kojima. They also had a National Select full pearl strand back in the days too. Le Sigh.
I still have a number of loose mabes that I've purchased from Papa Doug over the various ruckus (hahah omg even arm twisted Sheri/Nora to grab me some when I couldn't attend one of the earlier ruckus) and will need to start noodling on how to set them!

Thanks so much, CatMom!:giggle:

Special baroque Akoya pearls, all from Takahashi.
IMG_0426.jpeg
IMG_2318.jpeg
IMG_2317.jpeg

The pearls in the baroque strand seem huge for Akoyas. I didn't know they could get that large. The whole ensemble is lovly.
I have some blue baroque akoyas that are 10 mm (and probably a bit larger because that's the smallest dimension). But that's as big as they come. JEG's are gorgeous, of course.

The pearls in the baroque strand seem huge for Akoyas. I didn't know they could get that large. The whole ensemble is lovly.
Thank you, pearlgirl12! The pearls are 10.5+ mm. It was the only strand they could put together at the time. I don’t have calipers or I would measure the center pearls but, yes, they are unusually large for Akoya. It is a softly colored multi-colored strand.

Wearing two keshi necklaces from Kojima with earrings I made-
IMG_2328.jpeg
IMG_0801.jpeg

So nice to catch up on everyone's absolutely gorgeous pearls, wow!!! At a work conference so I have only been able to catch snippets of the PP SOC livestream, but I am so hoping to see some of the beauties purchased yesterday on this thread in the future! :love: Jeg, your strand is magnificent!

Cortez strand I've been piecing together for several years...still a work in progress!
View attachment 468490 View attachment 468491
Very nice! Love your Cortez beauties!

Here's another picture from my car where I get some pretty good lighting 😀
Don't Pearl & Drive!

Be careful with that stunner. Over the weekend I learned about the perils of driving with distractingly beautiful jewelry worn on the hands or wrists. Thank you, CortezPearls for the valuable lesson.🤣🤣🤣
Always thinking about safety!

Back