Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Halloween. I know everywhere in the USA is supposed to be having a cold snap today, but the cold isn't hitting Florida until tomorrow. 85F here today and I have to run errands, so I'm keeping it light. Pearls heat up my neck.

Kamoka black and white Tahitian studs and a tattoo carved Tahitian pendant. The pendant actually has more color to it than the photo shows. Very dark mother of pearl look to it, and very thick nacre. I love these stud earrings. They're really eggplant and light blue. They go with everything. I'm sometimes amazed at the number of different necklaces they match. They look especially good with my natural white Hanadama rope rope from PP, which is surprising, but it works.

IMG_1878.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you, BWeaves and CatMom! BWeaves, the stones are green tourmalines. The settings came with different pearls that I didn't think matched the stones very well, so I swapped them for some loose Ts from PP.

The cold snap finally hit Florida today. It's in the 50's F this morning. I'm layering on the pearls to keep me warm.

Long SS, akoya, and freshwater tin-cup from Kojima. 8mm natural white Hanadama opera length necklace from PP. My first akoya rope (6 mm and pinked) that I bought in 1982. I used to wear it every single day for decades. It still looks great. I like the way the 3 ropes nest.

The Queen pendant (freshwater drop) from Kojima. And pinked 9mm Hanadama studs from PP. I decided to go with pinked earrings instead of natural white because the pinked studs looked better on my ears, and nobody can tell they don't match the rope. Plus, they match my Baroque akoyas and many of my other pearls better than the natural white studs would have.

I discovered a few years ago that pearls look amazing on an olive drab background. Who knew?

IMG_1884.jpeg
IMG_1890.jpeg
IMG_1892.jpeg

It's hard to capture the sparkle of the disco ball clasps. They look great under bright lights. Both are screw clasps, so they look like beads.

The natural white Hanadamas from PP have a white gold clasp with CZs. I specially asked for CZs because I didn't want to pay a fortune for the clasp. PP was a bit hesitant to get it for me, but they agreed after it arrived that it looks amazing.

I replaced the diamond clasp on my first strand with a yellow gold plated clasp with CZs from Fire Mountain gems that had a similar design. The original diamond clasp had tiny, crappy diamonds with no sparkle, while the CZs look amazing.

IMG_1888.jpeg

Last edited:
The cold snap finally hit Florida today. It's in the 50's F this morning. I'm layering on the pearls to keep me warm.

Long SS, akoya, and freshwater tin-cup from Kojima. 8mm natural white Hanadama opera length necklace from PP. My first akoya rope (6 mm and pinked) that I bought in 1982. I used to wear it every single day for decades. It still looks great. I like the way the 3 ropes nest.

The Queen pendant (freshwater drop) from Kojima. And pinked 9mm Hanadama studs from PP. I decided to go with pinked earrings instead of natural white because the pinked studs looked better on my ears, and nobody can tell they don't match the rope. Plus, they match my Baroque akoyas and many of my other pearls better than the natural white studs would have.

I discovered a few years ago that pearls look amazing on an olive drab background. Who knew?

View attachment 466827View attachment 466825View attachment 466824

It's hard to capture the sparkle of the disco ball clasps. They look great under bright lights. Both are screw clasps, so they look like beads.

The natural white Hanadamas from PP have a white gold clasp with CZs. I specially asked for CZs because I didn't want to pay a fortune for the clasp. PP was a bit hesitant to get it for me, but they agreed after it arrived that it looks amazing.

I replaced the diamond clasp on my first strand with a yellow gold plated clasp with CZs from Fire Mountain gems that had a similar design. The original diamond clasp had tiny, crappy diamonds with no sparkle, while the CZs look amazing.

View attachment 466826
Beautiful pearls and they do look fabulous on the green.

IMG_3017.jpeg

I did end up having a look in the Mikimoto Flagship Ginza store. I am very reluctant to pay for brand names, but I have to admit I was a little tempted by a pair of earrings. I liked the style a lot and the pearls that were set in the pair I liked were really nice, plus they were half the price of the same pair in the US. What helped save me, was the stock on hand were screw backs. They have signs in their showcases to discourage taking photos, so I didn’t bother asking. I did end up with a little souvenir. If I understood correctly, they only had these at the Flagship Ginza store. It’s a rose gold tone Ginza bear jewelry tray with a tiny Mikimoto pearl sitting on a leaf. Difficult to photograph because of all the reflections.The second purchase is a pair of earrings in a design I thought was unique.

IMG_3068.jpeg
IMG_3073.jpeg
IMG_3067.jpeg

I feel like I need to rediscover some of my pearls. I've been wearing the same ones over and over again.

Kojima today. Two Tahitian keshi tin-cups. They nest well. The shorter one ombre's from light in the front to dark in the back, and has an amazing rainbow drop. 9 mm Pistachio Tahitian stud earrings. I remember JEG bought the SoC necklace that's like my shorter necklace. I really thought about buying the SoC one, but I had JUST bought this Tahitian one, and they were the same tin-cup pendant design. Still kicking myself, though. It's a very flattering, wearable design.
IMG_1893.jpeg
IMG_1896.jpeg
IMG_1897.jpeg
IMG_1898.jpeg

Happy Saturday, all!

Jeg, your new earrings are divine and I'm eagerly awaiting ear shots :) Such a pretty and unique jewelry dish, too!

BWeaves, your Kojima pearl layers today are stunning! The ombre on the lariat makes that necklace especially lovely.

J. Hunter bracelet and repurposed Kamoka pearl ring for me today.
20231104_125335.jpeg
20231104_125746.jpeg

Thanks so much, Pattye, BWeaves and SurfnSci! I didn’t look at too many pearls because I saved my pearl budget for shopping at Takahashi. Everything is being sent, so it will be a little bit before I have more sharing.

BWeaves, I’ve always loved that tin cup design. Beautiful colors today, SurfnSci! I really like the body colors of Fiji pearls.

Not so great at getting the angle right for ear shots, but here’s the pair of new earrings from Japan, with two feather pearl mix strands from Kojima.
IMG_1744.jpeg
IMG_3169.jpeg
IMG_1745.jpeg

Happy Saturday, all!

Jeg, your new earrings are divine and I'm eagerly awaiting ear shots :) Such a pretty and unique jewelry dish, too!

BWeaves, your Kojima pearl layers today are stunning! The ombre on the lariat makes that necklace especially lovely.

J. Hunter bracelet and repurposed Kamoka pearl ring for me today.
View attachment 466850 View attachment 466852
These pair perfectly!

Thanks BWeaves! I bought the skirt in Japan in two neutral colors. Here’s the other one. Also, two earrings I bought in a glass making studio in Kawagoe. I added the pearls to them. Worn with two Akoya strands from Takahashi. A blue off round strand, and a multi-colored in large baroques.
IMG_3188.jpeg
IMG_1750.jpeg
IMG_3207.jpeg

Love the earrings. Love the necklaces. I would never think of pairing short necklaces that are the same length and don't nest, but they look great. Love the skirts! What's the fabric made of?

Thank you, CatMom, BWeaves and SurfnSci! BWeaves, I’m not sure about the fabric. I tried to translate the tag and I think it’s something like recycled polyester. It’s very light and airy and lined. I suspect I could ruin them by snagging on something, though.

Wearing the other pair of glass earrings with golden SS accents.
IMG_1855.jpeg
IMG_3452.jpeg

Also spent some of the day with my golden SS keshi strand from Takahashi.
IMG_1862.jpeg

Back