Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Chinese ripples (Kojima) with pistachio akoyas (from PP). They nest perfectly and they pick up each other's overtones. Kasumi and amethyst earrings (Kojima).

fullsizeoutput_8e7.jpg

BWeaves, the earring finding on the Kojima earrings ( gorgeous by the way ) is that just a lever back ? It looks a bit different .

I had Sarah from Kojima swap out the fishhook on the Kasumi earrings for the horseshoe earring finding. It is a leverback, and the post goes straight through (no curve). I like that the front and back of the finding are actually higher than the post, so it covers the hole. I've had her put this finding on a couple of earrings. It's very secure and comfortable, and I think it makes the earrings look more expensive than if it were a fishhook. Plus, I always seem to lose one fishhook earring.

Here's the Stuller listing:

https://www.stuller.com/products/24...omRAC=true&recommendationSource=SiteSearchRAC

I've had second thoughts about the tobacco brown T-shirt. I'm keeping it.

BWeaves, Love the Pearls & PJ's look. Those blues are outstanding! I want a long blue rope strand one day!! And the pistachios with the Kojima ripples looks wonderful. Love the contrast!

MSC, I love you delicate & feminine keshi necklace! Just the right touch!

For me, it was T's & SS's ombré strands mixed with Kojima Waterfalls yesterday.

Attachments

• 20181010_140302.jpg
    20181010_140302.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 33
OOOO, love the ombre's and waterfall, especially with the print on your blouse. Love your earrings, too.

BWeaves, love your PJ days. You look very comfy yet stylish.

MSC, those tiny pearls are fabulous!

86C, those strands look great together. So pretty.

A couple days in pearls-

A strand of T’s from a PP special several years ago.
DFF0757E-A584-4011-8273-BC5B27CD2464.jpg

0207977A-2D30-4C0C-9DA7-C55F43CA38E6.jpg

Just took a snapshot before I head to dinner tonight. I knotted the mixed Vietnamese Akoya strands, from Hong Kong, together. The tiny blue pearls are from my trip to Kojima. I strung them into a pearl chain, and am wearing it with a golden Myanmar pendant.
49F4EBFD-AF48-4D3A-AF72-BC8853520713.jpg

Oh, WOW, Jeg!!! Gorgeous T's! And the blues are amazing!! Such a unique combination, especially with your Myanmar pendant!

Everyone's clothing is so inspirational. I must confess that my closet has changed a lot since I've been on Pearl Guide. I was already shopping at Boden and Anthropologie, but Vivid Linen and Ann G Linen were new to me. As I'm perusing their websites, I keep thinking, "OH, so that's where she got that cute dress!" Plus, Newberry's recommendation to wear white to Ruckus as a backdrop to trying on pearls.

Obviously, my pearl style has changed too, from matchy matchy rosy white akoyas to Everything Goes.

Everyone's clothing is so inspirational. I must confess that my closet has changed a lot since I've been on Pearl Guide. I was already shopping at Boden and Anthropologie, but Vivid Linen and Ann G Linen were new to me. As I'm perusing their websites, I keep thinking, "OH, so that's where she got that cute dress!" Plus, Newberry's recommendation to wear white to Ruckus as a backdrop to trying on pearls.

Obviously, my pearl style has changed too, from matchy matchy rosy white akoyas to Everything Goes.

I agree with this totally. Everyone's style and pearl styling has influenced how I think and dress wrt pearls.
I also have bought and worn longer strands of pearls than I ever thought I would, or could, wear.

Last edited:
Back