Pearl Paradise The Internet's Largest Collection of Fine Pearls - Shop Now! 80% Off Retail. Free Returns. Free Shipping. A+ Rating on BBB.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The concert was fabulous; perfect cool, breezy night for an outdoor venue; Queen Aretha put on a stunning show. Best part; got to share it with daughter and grandson
    Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Aha ... found it for you, Lugana! Hope Hisano doesn't mind my reposting her photo from here from the 2015 Ruckus thread. Really this is so easy to do; just a bit of silk ribbon, and a strand of tiny pearls ... anyone could do this, once you acquire the pearls PS: Marianne, what size and type was that sharp, thin beading needle you recommended?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	376954
      Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• I use a size 12 beading needle made by John James. They are 2 inches in length and have a very sharp point. They come 25 in a package. If the holes do not take a 12, the size 13 also works, but they are more likely to bend so you just need to hold them closer to the point if going through thick fabric.
        Really love the work you did on that sweater, Cathy!
        Last edited by Marianne; 08-27-2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• THANK YOU, Marianne I know the John James brand, and like it. I just don't have any beading needles, or if I do, they're mixed up in a needlecase somewhere, never to be identified again ... I LOVE to do silk ribbon embroidery, and would do more if my hands were better. Send me something to put pearls on for you Marianne
          Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Those are yummy, Red. Which keshi strand is this one? I seem to remember that you came home with two

Comment

• Lugana you look gorgeous!

Red, I love the keshi strand and the earrings, they came out beautifully. That luster is killer.

And Cathy, thanks for posting the sweater! We'd discussed it before but this is my first chance to see it, it's really beautiful. What talented hands you have! I love silk ribbon embroidery.
              Instagram: @LiliasTreasures

Comment

• Thank you for the nice comments.

Originally posted by Cicadalady View Post
                Those are yummy, Red. Which keshi strand is this one? I seem to remember that you came home with two
                I removed the grey strand, and am only wearing the white keshi strand with the navy and blue striped top. The white keshi is what matches the earrings, but more than that, two strands were a bit much for my casual outfit that day.

Comment

• Originally posted by CathyKeshi View Post
                  The concert was fabulous; perfect cool, breezy night for an outdoor venue; Queen Aretha put on a stunning show. Best part; got to share it with daughter and grandson
                  I love Aretha! We had the pleasure of seeing her a couple of years ago at the Kennedy Center Honors...seeing her performance in honor of Carole King is something I will never forget.
                  http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                  Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• I'm terrible at switching things up. When I'm into something, I'll go into a tear and keep on wearing the same thing until I move on to the next lol. Liking the combo I wore to the NYC Mini Ruckus so have been repeating it! Also liking this pic cuz it felt like fall.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0067.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	376984

Comment

• Aw, you look wonderful as always, Purranha!
                      Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• I can't imagine being at that concert in person, JerseyPearl; I think I've seen some TV footage of parts of that tribute to Carole King.
                        Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Originally posted by CathyKeshi View Post
                          I can't imagine being at that concert in person, JerseyPearl; I think I've seen some TV footage of parts of that tribute to Carole King.
                          It was truly amazing...Aretha began at the piano, playing and singing...then got up, flung off her fur coat, and sang her heart out. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. Here's a video, which doesn't really capture the emotion...but you can see Carole's reaction is priceless! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHsnZT7Z2yQ

And if you couldn't tell, I am a huge fan of both of these performers.
                          http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                          Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• Me too, me too JerseyPearl ... and Aretha had a big red velvet chair, a sequin handbag on stage with her ... the only thing she used the chair for was to hold the handbag and to fling her fur coat onto at the beginning of the concert After her second encor, a guy came out and got both the bag and coat and took them backstage, and the house lights went up!
                            Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Thanks for the link, JP! Strong women!!!

Comment

• What a beautiful and fashionable look, Purrahna!

Comment

Working...
                                X