Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWeaves, so many things to appreciate about this look, but mostly it is making me want to try pearl drops hanging from larger hoops...

Comment

• Kay, I love both looks and the matching nail polish!

Orbit clasps are so versatile, it's amazing. Even the look at the bottom is interesting enough to be a dangle in its own right.

Comment

• JerseyPearl, THANK YOU! Thank you for redrilling a couple of my Ruckus blue akoya pearls with challenging holes. I decided to even put the ugly pearl back in the strand. I put both by the last clasp, because the holes were larger and that's where I need a little extra width to work the ends of the thread back through.

The strand was originally 22" with a ball clasp.

The strand after restringing the first time with an orbit clasp, but missing the two challenging pearls.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1558.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	368612

Name:	IMG_1557.jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	368613

I actually liked that length, but I wanted to use all the pearls, since I bought them. After redrilling and restringing again. The orbit clasp added one pearl length to the necklace.

Name:	IMG_1567.jpg
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	368614

Name:	IMG_1568.jpg
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	368615

Since I couldn't simultaneously wear them and restring them, I decided it was a amethyst kind of day.

Name:	IMG_1569.jpg
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	368616
        Last edited by BWeaves; 08-30-2016, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• I just love the setting on your Amethyst ! Love love love !
          https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
          https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Very lovely amethyst setting! Is that a diamond or a seed pearl on the lower left side? My iPad doesn't show it clearly...

Comment

• Bweaves I love your chain. This is the one that can connect to various pendants? Did I remember wrongly?

Comment

• I love that amethyst! (My birthstone, so I am partial.) The setting is so unique and beautiful. You have a great jeweler.

Comment

• Today I wore the same 3 Kamoka Tahitians on a leather cord that I posted a couple days ago. While I was picking figs, the knot became loose on the leather cord and all 3 pearls fell into my gathered figs (fortunately I was home when it happened!). They looked so lovely together sitting on the kitchen counter, I couldn't resist taking a photo of the 'miniature figs' with the real figs!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Thank you. That's a diamond with the amethyst. Yes, that's one of my chains with the swappable pendants. They connect at the edges of the pendant with a really cool clasp that is almost invisible.

LM, That's a work of art. I thought it was a famous still life for a minute. Love it.
                    And I love the pearls with the chambray shirt, too. I love pearls and denim or anything dyed with indigo. They just go.

Comment

• lmgarden...your figs!!! Now I understand your name. BTW, our figs aren't ripe just yet...but maybe by the weekend. Try them grilled with gorgonzola cheese...delish! And those Kamokas...TDF!

BWeaves, happy to help out a pearl sister in need! I am so glad the drilling went smoothly. And wow, a strand of those beautiful pearls...my new want/need/want.
                      http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                      Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• I love figs, and that trio looks particularly delish!

Comment

• lmgarden, that is s brilliant still life! Fresh figs, sigh ... very hard to come by here ... sooner or later the frost gets the plants
                          Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

• Lmgarden- what a beautiful photo !!
                            https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
                            https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• BWeaves - beautiful blue pearls! They are stunning. The amethyst necklace is TDF.

Lmgarden - beautiful photo. How lucky that they just happened to fall into a bowl of soft figs!

Comment

• LM: I can't get over how much I love those three pendants together on a leather cord.

1. I would have never thought of using more than one pendant at a time.
                                2. I would have thought the bails clashed, but I really love the different bails together. I really like the way that looks.
                                3. Must buy more pearls.

Comment

Working...
                                X