Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't blame you for not enjoying moving. I have one tip (for being security minded regarding jewelry) if you can use the ones that are not see through it is better. You'll need to find a way to make a note of what is in each. So my cousin used colored sharpies, a strip of packing tape (to mark the box number without defacing the container), a number system and a numbered list in her cell phone.

Ex:

box 1 (Purple sharpied "1"), on her cell phone list 1= Chanel handbags
    box 2 (Green sharpied "2"), on her cell phone list 2= Shoes

Originally posted by Katbran View Post
    BabyNurse .. those Tahitians are absolutely gorgeous!
    BPD - Love your photo ! And excellent suggestion re: packing. I'm going to be selling my house and will have to pack up "the beading room' ugh But you have definitely provided the method for packing all the 'stuff' .
    FunkyPearl..I'm not looking forward to moving....I wish you luck and hope it all goes smoothly! It's a great time to get rid of things.
    No, Midge said, I take it back. I wouldnt get a mink coat the first thing. Know what Id do? Id get a string of pearls. Real pearls. Yes, Annabel said, slowly. I think thats a kind of a good idea. And it would make sense, too. Because you can wear pearls with anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by CathyKeshi View Post
      Oh, Baby Nurse .... SIGH! Those are so beautiful !!! Many of us were on Jeremy's waiting list for those LOL. I love the way they look on you

Newberry, I wore my double nested white baroque akoyas at last year's ruckus, with their bracelet and now I've got 2 pair of earrings to match ... and it's all thanks to your advice I just love your tin cup version ... how the pearls don't have chain between, just enough gold link to separate and highlight each and every precious pearl ... a masterpiece. And we LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing every word of your stories!
      I well remember your double nested. It was spectacular from across the room during the presentations!!!

Comment

• baby nurse -- your newest Tahitians are glorious. And your baroque akoya strand is beautiful!

Comment

• BPD love your bracelet.
          The white baroque akoyas are gorgeous, they're in my to keep pile.

Comment

• Love the pearls and leather bracelet.

Comment

• My co-irkers have been drooling over The Swan, The Hamantaschen, and La Perlagrina this week. They never say anything about the full strands. I don't think they think they are real.

Beautiful weather the last two days. Mid 70's F with a cool breeze. Just perfect weather.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0882.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	366300

Comment

• thanks everyone for all the great packing ideas!
                bweaves i LOVE that pendant! what kind of chain is that on? i need one about that thick and that looks like it wouldn’t catch on my hair or scarfs either...

Comment

• Love the bracelet BPD

Comment

• Fabulous pendant BWeaves, is this your go to piece of jewellery?

Comment

• The Swan is definitely my favorite, at the moment. It's on a sleeve knit (aka Viking knit) chain. Remember those Knitting Knoddy / Knitting Horse / Sewing spool with 4 nails in it thingy that you made long knitted tubes out of when you were 8 years old? This is the grown up version, only in gold.

I got it from my jeweler who made pendant.

http://www.okidanokh.com/chains/sleeve-knitting-chains/

The jeweler has them in yellow, white and rose gold, and it different lengths (16", 17", 18"). She's located in Orlando, FL.

Comment

• Very nice chain. Chic looking.
                        Curious are they heavy? Are they scratchy?

Comment

• Originally posted by hanadama View Post
                          Baby nurse - those pastel Tahitians are sensational. As a side note, I also love your collection of knits and cardigans!
                          I'm glad to hear it, especially about the sweaters! I was starting to feel like maybe it was too much of the same old thing: cashmere cardigan seafoam, cardigan lavender, cardigan ivory...etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by KaySD View Post
                            I wondered if it was you who got it -- Jeremy said it was one of the regulars. I called about 20 minutes after the blog posted, but they said someone else had already inquired. I'm dying to try it on at the Ruckus if you don't mind.
                            I think it was sheer luck. I fully expected them to say "Sorry, it's sold." when I contacted them.

Yes you can try it on, and I'd love to try on your Keira!

Comment

• Originally posted by baby nurse View Post
                              I think it was sheer luck. I fully expected them to say "Sorry, it's sold." when I contacted them.

Yes you can try it on, and I'd love to try on your Keira!
                              I would be happy to bring my Keira for you to try on. I missed you last year!

Comment

• Baby Nurse, There is NEVER "too much of the same old thing: cashmere cardigan ... etc." when it's a beautiful and classic look!!! Bring us more of the same anytime

BWeaves, I wonder if the jeweler can get those cable neckwires in longer lengths, say 19" or 20" for those of us not-swans ?

BAS, aw, that's nice of you to say ... I do love the white baroque akoyas so much more than I expected!
                                Cathy

CathyKeshi

Comment

Working...
                                X