Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

My wife is deathly afraid of magnets from having lost valuable pieces in the past. Lost an SOC Keshi bracelet in Spain, changed a magnet to standard clasp on a Cook Island keshi bracelet upon return. Obviously, it's a tradeoff. (And maybe not a good idea to be hiking in steep vineyards with a magnet clasp.)

Endless strands and tin cups are great, CatMom! I just finished making one for a friend of mine who has trouble with clasps, so she can just slip it over her head. Also they can be turned in any direction to show different pearls/design.

Can’t blame you, BWeaves. peacock and greens are hard to resist. All your pieces look lovely together and I say, you can never have enough of anything!

Paspaley SS pearls from Cees, little h earrings, and tiny station chains I made with turquoise, coral and vintage Akoya.
IMG_2486.jpeg
IMG_2484.jpeg

Ooo JEG, love how the tin-cups work with the little h earrings. You wore those to tempt me further to the emerald and little pearl earrings on PP.

I avoid bracelets because I cannot work clasps with one hand. I find it easier to string long necklaces with an orbit clasp (or any fancy clasp) because it's easier than stringing a no clasp necklace. I just never use the clasp, and put the necklace on over my head. But an orbit clasp makes a great place to hang a pendant off of.

Thanks Douglas :)

BWeaves, of course we will miss you at PBTB ... it's the most fun all year ... if anyone is in doubt, just come; you'll find yourself in a big room of old friends immediately!

P.S. BWeaves I have a thing for ombre necklaces; that tin cup is stunning. You NEED little H emerald earrings ;) ... just my opinion of course ... I have had my eye on a different pair of little H earrings for a while now, sigh ...

It's going to be hot today and the air conditioner repair man is coming to prep us for summer.

I'm 100% Kamoka chested today. Kamoka T-shirt. Black and white Tahitian studs. 2019 All Josh Harvest necklace. The strand is very black and white. It's quite different from all my other Tahitians which are very colorful. It's also very different from all of the other Kamoka harvest necklaces in that all the pearls are near round. Josh does good grafting of nuclei.

IMG_2636.jpeg
IMG_2633.jpeg
IMG_2635.jpeg

I seem to always be drawn to a certain color of Tahitian pearls. Kamoka pendant, La Perlagrina. The pearls in the opal earrings from Kojima match the pendant perfectly. Ombre' tin-cup from Kojima. Kojima has another ombre' tin-cup on their website that I'm lusting over, but it's the same length and style as the one I have. I just cannot justify having two, right? I have an even longer ombre' tin-cup from Kojima, so I really don't need three, right?

View attachment 468908View attachment 468909

I love how the cherry ring on the left earring goes around the equator, but the cherry ring on the right earring is a halo. You can't tell when I'm wearing them, but only when they're next to each other.

View attachment 468907

It's so hard to capture the sparkle of the opals and the color of the Tahitian pearls in the same photo.

View attachment 468910
Two of my most favorite things, opals and pearls!

Endless strands and tin cups are great, CatMom! I just finished making one for a friend of mine who has trouble with clasps, so she can just slip it over her head. Also they can be turned in any direction to show different pearls/design.

Can’t blame you, BWeaves. peacock and greens are hard to resist. All your pieces look lovely together and I say, you can never have enough of anything!

Paspaley SS pearls from Cees, little h earrings, and tiny station chains I made with turquoise, coral and vintage Akoya.
View attachment 468919View attachment 468920
What a beautiful combination jeg and the earrings are just the finishing touch!

Thanks so much, CatMom and BWeaves! Hahaha- there’s too much temptation everywhere you look, BWeaves.. Love all your Kamoka’s, too!

An Edison pendant from PP from way back, two beaded fun ropes from Kojima, and earrings I made.
IMG_2492.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg

Back