No announcement yet.

Did you get your exotics yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Pernula: Obviously I can?t answer for Jeremy but I think the difference is in quality rather than size. My 5MMs are gem quality, display a wide range of color variations, and are true mirror finishes. My 6MMs are of a lesser quality and you can readily see the difference when compared side by side, however, they are still beautiful. I think it may be easier to scare up gem quality exotics in the smaller sizes to make strands. And that would be the difference.
    Pretty Panda pic by nlerner on her U.S. excursion last year, San Diego Zoo.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

• I got mine!!! Wow, is all I can say. It is funny, because I looked at the pictures on a few different monitors, and they looked different on each one, and even more different in real life. I got 2 strands of the smallest ovals and had one made into a double bracelet, which I love the most because I get to look at it all I want! I also got a strand of rounds. I will try to post pics later. In the pictures online the small ovals looked much less colorful than the others, but I liked the neutral tones. Now that I am looking at them, they are shiny peachy goldish I am pretty sure that should be a color on the GIA scale, lol. They are very different than the peach I had on a AAA multicolor strand from PP. Much fuller color, if that makes any sense. The rounds look very lavender to me, though I havent been able to inspect much as I am at work. Anyway, the point of this rambling post is THANKS JEREMY AND MIA!!!!! They are truly stunning and I am giddy looking at them!

Comment

• Originally posted by pernula View Post

Some questions for Jeremy:

Do you think smaller exotic freshwater pearls are more likely to have green color than larger pearls? Also, do smaller pearls have more metallic luster than larger pearls? I have one 7 mm round and one 9 mm round. Both are beautiful but the smaller one has more metallic luster. I only have two strands to compare so am curious whether this is generally true.

Third question is related to culturing Abalone. In the caption for September of your beautiful calendar , there is a line "While the company [Eyris Blue] now produces only blister pearls, it's likely we'll see whole cultured abalone pearls in the future." Can you elaborate on their effort to culture abalone pearls? Would cultured abalone pearl be indistinguishable from natural abalone pearl?

Thanks,
        Pernula
        Yes, I think the smaller pearls have a shaper, more metallic luster overall. Some of the large ones have it too, but no strands compare with those small ones. The metallic shine is similar to the look you see under those "enhancing" lights at the jewelry shows. The difference is that they have the metallic ones have the same shine under normal lighting conditions.

I do not have much information regarding the progress of whole abalone culturing. I know that they have been trying for a long time. A lot of people have been trying. It will happen eventually, I am sure of it. Roger Beattie and I talked about it quite a bit in New Zealand.
        Jeremy Shepherd
        President and Founder
        PearlParadise.com, Inc.
        The PearlParadise.com YouTube Channel
        PearlParadise.com on Flickr
        PearlParadise.com on Facebook
        Some of My Favorite Pearly Finds on Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by pernula View Post
          I notice both Boo's and your pearls have a lot of lavender and pink. Did you special request a strand with more of those colors or the smaller pearls just have more pink/lavender?
          Pernula - my pearls, while having many colors, do tend toward pinks and lavenders. I did not request them that way, but I wonder if perhaps I got these particular strands because they look similar and I was planning to use them both in the same necklace.

Comment

• Originally posted by john675 View Post
            I received the strand of 8.5-9.5 exotic drops of Firday.
            So you got the amazing drops! I was wondering where those babies went to. They really are something special. They are loverly.
            Pretty Panda pic by nlerner on her U.S. excursion last year, San Diego Zoo.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

• My order is arriving tomorrow...can't wait!

I'll have to set up a Photobucket account and figure out how to post pictures here.

Comment

• My exotics came yesterday. All I can say is WOW, and thank you Jeremy and Mia!
                I wanted the fun of stringing them myself (which I have) and rather than the lovely clasp that came with them, I used one of my hook/eye clasps so my fumbly fingers can manage more easily.
                First I laid them out as they came, strung them, then changed my mind lol.. I've grouped the colours as best I could, still keeping the sizes graduating. I've graduated the colours, pinks on one side through to purples on the other. I love it (though I might change it around at a later date) and will wear it a lot!
                Cathy
                Attached Files
                From Australias Top End
                http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/

Comment

• Very nice, Cathy. What size is the strand?
                  Cathy

Comment

• Originally posted by Hanaleimom View Post
                    Very nice, Cathy. What size is the strand?
                    Oh, whoops, forgot the obvious lol. The pearls were the 8.5-9.5 ovals, I added a few extra rice pearls I had at the ends to make it longer, and the length is 23 3/4 inches with the clasp
                    From Australias Top End

Comment

• And I also forgot to mention its pouring with rain here so I had to take the photos under artificial light. In daylight the colours are a little darker and richer.
                      From Australias Top End

Comment

• I also got my exotics yesterday. First under artificial light they seemed to be all in pink-lavender colour but then we got a bright sunshine here and it just exploded with colours! I asked for more green-beige colours, and I indeed got them. This are ovals 8,5-9,5 (094-15). Thry are in lfe more greenish than on the photo where they look rather blue:

Olga

Comment

• Ohhh they're beautiful! Now I wish I'd got out of bed early and bought more (like 4am lol)
                          From Australias Top End

Comment

• I like yours best of all the 8.5-9.5 ovals photos posted so far. Great combination of colors!

My package is on the truck for delivery today.

Comment

• I think it's just my camera which is good (...plus some filming skills...).
                              I can not believe I am the only lucky one to get all those delicious green and golden ones

Thank you Jeremy and Mia, what a treat!
                              Olga

Comment

• Got word my pearls should arrive on 2/20, which is tomorrow for me. I can't wait! I'm curious to see what shades are on my multi strand and to see if the peach/pinks are a goldeny in person as they looked on screen.

I'll have to see what I can do about pictures when they get here. I'm not the best with the digital camera. Also, I stupidly had them sent to my house and not to work so I'll have to wait all day to see if they arrived

Did we ever find out who got the featured strand or the all purple strand from the ooaks?

Comment

Working...
                                X