My pearls

Thank you Cricketbug and Octavia's Mom. I agree,northern light is amazing, half the years. Haven't tried to photograph diamonds, probably the only one in the world who doesn't really like diamonds. Never has, always did prefer colors. I have some that came with the pearls or clasps, Nice but rather pale....and now I prefer pearls. The rikiteas are gloriously colorful. I can stare at them forever.

Remade my peacock circled pearls (again). Previously a tincup with tourmaline, now a tincup without tourmaline, a bit shorter.
_20190424_173747.jpg
_20190424_173638.jpg
Also made a bunch of charms that I can attach to a bracelet or something.
_20190424_173549.jpg
Recently I also changed the clasps on my white south sea strand and my golden south sea strand from Cees and on my greenish south sea strand from Kongspearl. They had ballclasps before. Now I can link them if I want to.
_20190424_173117.jpg
_20190424_173202.jpg
_20190424_173238.jpg
_20190424_173306.jpg

Thank you Pattye. I think that the tincup will get more use now when it's a bit shorter, it was to long before. I also made the chain between the pearls shorter so I could put all 10 pearls in it. It's about choker lenght now.

Do I have something special! I just recieved my dreamstrand from Cees. Recently I asked him if he could find me an ombre tahitian strand, like the one Babynurse has. I wanted it rope lenght and with 9-10 mm (my favorite size for strands) pearls. And he did. They are round, beautiful luster and very little blemishes (had a hard time finding any blemishes) and the colors are so gorgeous. Its still a tempstrand (probably has it strung before evening though..) and about 34-35 inches before stringing. I think that I will use Beaders secret in navy since I like it so much with my multicolored Rikiteas.
_20190426_130351.jpg
_20190426_130407.jpg
_20190426_130317.jpg
_20190426_130335.jpg
I'm still amazed by this incredible strand. Cees did a wonderful job. I feel incredibly spoilt (by myself but even so), especially since I bought the blue tahitians from Wendy not that long ago.

Wow! That strand is amazing, Charlotta! Congratulations on a beautiful choice!

Thank you Cricketbug, yep I am staring at it right now. Just have to finish my espresso first.

Wow, wow, WOW! Congratulations, that is truly a dream strand! Cees pearls are just marvellous.

And it's strung. I did put a clasp on it. First I wanted to make it endless so that I could arrangera the colors anyway I wanted. But then I couldn't put it over my head twice, so clasp it is (for now).
_20190426_153639.jpg
_20190426_153715.jpg
Here with my mismatched tahitian studs from Oceanscove.
_20190426_153610.jpg
And with my peacock studs from Pearlescence.
_20190426_153923.jpg
I think that I like them best with the mismatched studs since they are a bit smaller.

Wow! They look great, strung, Charlotta! What a beautiful combo with both sets of earrings!

May I ask where you source the clasps? I'd love to be able to mix n' join strands with matching clasps. :rolleyes: Of course, this means I should also acquire some more pearls to do so. Heehee!

That is a beautiful ombre rope, Charlotta. I think we need to see it modeled by you. I adore a great ombre and I love those Tahitian color choices.

Charlotta, that ombre strand is a dream! Congratulations; the colors are divine :)

WOW, that's a beautiful ombre' Tahitian rope. I love the clasp, and I would have no problem wearing that clasp anywhere in front, so you should have no problem moving the colors around.

Thank you Cricketbug, Red, JerseyPearl, CathyKeshi, Bweaves and Pattye.
Cricketbug, I found the clasp on Etsy, the sellers name is Beadsfeeder. It's very inexpensive, but doesn't itch or loose color. I used their tasselhead last summer for my vintage akoya tassel, it still looks like new. Bying new pearls is always fun.
Bweaves, I thought about wearing the clasp in front as well. I can also attach a pendant to the clasp, singe both ends open up. It's a bit fiddly to get the gimp through the holes on top of the clasp. I have to use the fine one.
I will try to take a neckshot tomorrow, if there is enough light. It's going to rain all day.

Back