Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Air Balloon

Introducing my new Hot Air Balloon!

This pieces was inspired by the Paspaley Lavalier collection featured in NatGeo's Secret Life of Pearls, and this fabulous design has been loved and shared in various P-G threads as well.

The end result turned out better than I ever imagined, but it also took many trial & error to get there!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0945.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	410979
    Attached Files

Initially I was a bit hesitant to start this project because I knew it wasn’t going to be so straight forward. I started with some concept testings.

Drawing from my Foko/Faux Yoko necklace, I started with the weaving method. Testing it on a larger sized (22mm) Larimar ball. After a little while I scratched it since it would be a bit too hard to manage on a smaller sized pearl (if I only had a 20+mm pearl!).

Name:	IMG_0776.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	366794Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0915.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	366795Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0916.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	366796

Comment

Then I moved onward to chains and wires. Tested out some chains and proportions ended up being all wrong. What worked in the end was a straight forward wiring. You can see some carnage of failed experiments in the background.

Name:	IMG_0937.jpg
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	366797

After constructing the “basket”, I used an eye pin to create a loop at the bottom of the pearl which sticks out from the basket, create stabilization and provide a loop for attaching tassels.

The Lavalier’s tassels were a bit simpler, but I wanted to try JerseyPearl’s gemstone tassel. I made a smaller version and wanted a shorter chubbier tassel.

Comment

It is finally done – again my eyes and hands hate me right now, and I probably will not make another one. I’m going to bed with an ice pack on my eyes after I make this posting.

I will wear this both as a pendant/enhancer, and also as a tassel unit! Will post neck shots over the next few days.
        And Happy Mother’s Day everyone!!!

Name:	IMG_0940.jpg
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	366798Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0941.jpg
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	366799Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0943.jpg
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	366800Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0945.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	366801Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0948.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	366802

Comment

That is very cool!!!

Comment

Purrannha you are so talented, this piece is absolutely incredible and gorgeous. I've loved the Paspaley Lavalier collection forever, would love to have one of my own one day.

Comment

So lovely, Purranha, excellent work!!! We can count on you to continue to awe and inspire us with your innovative creations!

Comment

Looks very complicated to accomplish, well done Purranha!

Comment

Wow, amazing, Purranha!

Comment

Wow, that came out really well! I love how you created the basket for this piece. It really looks better, in my opinion, than the original inspiration...much more wearable. And your tassel looks great! Did you use sterling wire? and what gauge? Also are those rhodolite stones? So pretty with that big pearl. Your seed pearl weaving construction looks great with that stone...I hope you finish it. Maybe a chain tassel would look nice, or one with seed pearls. I am very impressed...and a little faint.
                    http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
                    Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

Unique design, thanks for sharing.

DK
                      Treat every life situation like a dog: if you can't play with it, eat it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away

Comment

You amaze me! ♡♡♡

Comment

Woah. . That's pretty amazing job you've done there.

Comment

Great job! Such tidy wire work. I love how you designed your basket.
                            Contemporary Jewelry by Beatriz Fortes
                            My blog

Comment

Woah! I'm super duper impressed! Looks fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                              X