Xiangmingtan

asurazzy

Is there anybody know about this seller?? Its Xiangmingtan said to be posted in Hongkong. It have all sort of pearls from the hundreds to the thousands. Some are so cheap for its specs. Just wondering if its legit or not. Sorry only have screenshots...not sure how to get links out of ebay app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170708-083140.jpg
    Screenshot_20170708-083140.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20170708-083304.jpg
    Screenshot_20170708-083304.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 38
Have you looked into buying from vendors in your own country. There are a handful I can think of that sell quality pearls and you will get what you order.

Ohhh my God why wouldnt ebay taken down such seller? I guess they cant if they have 100% good review. The prices are too good to be true.

Most of my pearls r from Indonesia. But please tell me vendors from my country because I only know 1 so far.

Whilst Paspaley pearls are AMAZING the prices are astronomical, Rutherford pearls and Jan Logan also stock some beautiful pearls but they are generally expensive. I pretty much order exclusively from vendors in the US (and now Cees in Thailand) even with the ****ty exchange rate and shipping, it still works out to be better value.

Whilst Paspaley pearls are AMAZING the prices are astronomical, Rutherford pearls and Jan Logan also stock some beautiful pearls but they are generally expensive. I pretty much order exclusively from vendors in the US (and now Cees in Thailand) even with the ****ty exchange rate and shipping, it still works out to be better value.
Do tell what have you purchased from Cees? I'd love to be a fly on the wall during one of his buying excursions! He has such a fantastic eye for color.

Do tell what have you purchased from Cees? I'd love to be a fly on the wall during one of his buying excursions! He has such a fantastic eye for color.

The strand you commented on on instagram :) I'll start a thread when it arrives.

Hi Sanippy!

Ya Paspaley is soohhh expensive. Saw one of those in an estate auction and its still more expensive compare to other pearls. I bought a pair of Kailis earrings from an auction site called Catawiki n paid 248 US$ for it. Its an 18ct white gold with 11mm ssp. Dunno if its authentic Kailis or not but I love the earrings haha. Does Cees have any website?

Hi Jersey pearls! Ill snoop around in katbran shop as im typing at the moment!

Catherine Cardellini is also in Australia.

I second Cees Van Oije (Amsterdam Pearls). His email address is on the Amsterdam Pearls website, but note that you can't buy directly from his website.

So Ill just google Catherine Cardelli and Cees van oije? Ill snoop around for their website.

Oohhhhhhhhh! Saw both website. I like cees pearls. But no price no nothing. So just need to email him for that right? I added him on facebook but no respond yet.

The photos have been there for a long time...I think they may be representative of things he has had, not necessarily of what he is currently selling.

Katbran, who is in Australia, is a regular contributor here, travels to Hong Kong to buy her pearls and findings. Sure she would add to her list for you if you contact her

Last edited by a moderator:
Blaire, Is that your talk from the Ruckus 2016? I was in the hospital with Bill and missed it. I really wanted to hear the information you gave.

Yes, that is the slide presentation, but without the talk part. Let me know if you have any questions. The biggest shock is how nice the round Tahitian pearl photos are and that the sellers would so brazenly switch the pearls to something that bears absolutely no resemblance.

Back