pearl engagement ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Preswine. Long time no see.

I remember following your quest with bated breath. And I was so happy you picked a natural pearl. I don't think you will see much of anything on that ring from banging for many years to come. Check out my old Bahrain pearl a couple of posts above. I has been worn since the 30's as part of a pair of earrings and since the 40's or 50's as a ring. As I said, the gold is more battered than he pearl!

Now we also have the testimony that Sarah of Kojima and Pacific Pearls has worn a dangling Tahitian on a bracelet for 7 years to no ill effect. I personally saw it bang a couple times so I asked..........
    Caitlin

How to hand-knot pearls without a tool

My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kevin Canning;30709]
      all jewelry can be repaired if needed.

Its just for me, I do not want to sell an item to a customer that I would lay awake at night worrying about. I'd rather lose the sale then cause a customer uneeded grief down the road.

I think I will have to print that to remind myself, (and any other sales people). Its a 'welcome to the real world' sentiment, that puts it all into perspective.
      Very profound.
      Thanks Kevin
      Purlgurl
      AKA Carolyn

Comment

When I made the simple pearl rings on silver I made the first one for myself. The pearl is just glued onto the spike and has no protection at all, and has banged around a lot. It is still fine.That was last January and I have worn it just about continuously through dishwashing, bathing, gardening, all sorts of stuff.
        Author:Pearls A Practical Guide published by Crowood Jan 2021
        www.pearlsapractical.guide

Comment

http://www.legendblue.com/page.jsp?s=6&p=1115

The curves on this one are amazing, but not quite sure if it's protective. Someday ...
          Aspiring ninja. Go Storm Shadow!

Comment

Working...
          X