natural pearls

H

Hyun-Yoon Yoon

Hello!

I am a pearl advisor in South Korea.

South Korea is producing some akoya cultured pearls in southern islands

and export to Japan.

I have interests on natural pearls.

If you have some natural pearl lists and prices, pls let me know that.

It is OK to use private message.

tks.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are several forum members who have natural pearls. You should search the 'other' pearl category and contact them directly. Also, Mr. Jeremy Norris (jnorris) deals specifically in natural pearls as does the 'American Pearl Company'.

help for a pearl beginer... please

help for a pearl beginer... please

i am a british student studying Jewelry at Kookmin University, Seoul. I am in korea for another 4 months and want to learn more about pearl creation. ive heard thats pearls are cultured in pusan (busan), could anyone recomend the best places to visit to learn obout pearls? thank you for any help.

Natural pearls

Natural pearls

There are many literature references listed in this forum. You may check availability with online bookstores like www.abebooks.com or www.amazon.com and such. What literature on the subject is recommendable also depends on the languages you can read. Maybe one of the moderators or the forum administrator is willing to compile a list of good resources on the subject in the general reference section of this forum. As far as natural pearls go George Frederik Kunz's Book of the Pearl and Elisabeth Strack's Perlen are probably the best information sources in print right now. However, I do not know whether the latter has come out in English yet, the version I know and own is in German.

Zeide G. Erskine

thank you, i'll look out for the book in english. in the meen time there seems by far enough information on this site and forum to keep me interested!
thank you

Chris

Hi! Chris.

There is akoya pearl farm in TongYoung City of South Korea

You can go from Seoul through Daejon-TonYoung Highway.

It will take about 5 hours.

And If you have a time, it is good to see "Pearl Showroom" near TongYoung City.

But if you will to see a pearl farm, you maybe call a admission tel in advance.

Pearl House

Last edited by a moderator:
Back