World's oldest natural pearl found in Abu Dhabi

Interesting. I wish they would have provided more photos of it instead of going out of focus and slowly bringing it into focus.

84 million years :rolleyes: i get its about earliest pearling not about earliest pearl there are however more pearls found at archeological sites think the oldest one in connection with humans is little over 10 000 years.

fosielleparel1.jpg

Last edited:
yup i get its about pearling some months back there was a find that was estimated older so far no news on that, it will probabale pop up somewhere soon

Every two-three years this oldest pearl story goes up we do know that human remains are found up to 200 000 - 300 000 years and jewelry finds go up to 40 000 years so when articles claim the oldest pearl with only 8000 we can assume to have another oldest one soon and then soon again :D

besides that fun find

Wow. It is amazing that it was even found--- it could have been just another stone on the floor and been missed. It is a testament to the archaeologists that they found it. It also appears to be pretty lustrous for a pearl that old! And has an interesting color. A glimpse into humankind's history-- fascinating!

Back