Pearl Paradise The Internet's Largest Collection of Fine Pearls - Shop Now! 80% Off Retail. Free Returns. Free Shipping. A+ Rating on BBB.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Me Your Fancy Color Metallic Freshwater Pearls!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find such small pearls to be so difficult ! I try to avoid anything under 5mm lol I'd use wire as well or even string with a small bumper instead of a knot every 10 pearls or so.... I've never used anything that small except gemstones and I use wire for them .

That said , it's a lovely lovely necklace !!
    https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

• Originally posted by Parrot Lady View Post
      CBPearllover, I used #40 Beader's Secret and it was tight. Although the doubled thread went theough the pearls easily, beginning and ending the strand where the thread was quadrupled was no fun at all. I had to spend a lot of time with a pearl reamer trying to enlarge the holes and even then it was tricky. (Not to mention I reamed my finger numerous times.). I think I'd use wire for 3-3.5 pearls.
      Oh wow, yeah that does not sound like fun. I've never used beading wire, but I've been needing an excuse to try. I know it's necessary to ream out pearls sometimes, but I've only done larger ones. And those reamers are so sharp WHOA Good information, thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

• Such a beautiful combo Parrot Lady. You did a great job on the stringing. Not sure I want to string anything that tiny, but I may have to soon. I just love tiny pearls!

Comment

• Stringing tiny pearls can be a challenge. Last summer I redesigned a 9 row pearl choker into a bracelet (9 rows on each side of a platinum and diamond centerpiece). I ended up using Beader's Secret #40 and removing one strand from the 3 ply. The pearls were super small, all under 3.0mm.
          http://www.oceanscovejewelry.com
          Instagram: Ocean's Cove

Comment

• JerseyPearl, please add that tip/trick to the stringing tutorial thread sometime!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
              JerseyPearl, please add that tip/trick to the stringing tutorial thread sometime!
              I second this request, pretty please!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
                JerseyPearl, please add that tip/trick to the stringing tutorial thread sometime!
                If I can remember to do it! It was a life saver...otherwise I would have had to use silk thread (which comes in super tiny diameter). I don't mind silk per se, but I have a very strong preference for using Beader's Secret.

Comment

• Originally posted by JerseyPearl View Post
                  If I can remember to do it! It was a life saver...otherwise I would have had to use silk thread (which comes in super tiny diameter). I don't mind silk per se, but I have a very strong preference for using Beader's Secret.
                  Wow, I can't even imagine the drill hole size, so small! A useful tip for sure, with the other knotters, looking forward to your technique.
                  Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

• This necklace is a work in progress. I keep adding pearls I like and removing ones I don't. Yesterday I re-strung the necklace adding a pewter raven accent piece.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0533 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	386737

Name:	IMG_0529.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	386738

Comment

• Just an FYI, while she was in HK Katbran took a photo of an amazing strand of gem quality cultured freshwater pearls that's up on her Instagram. While they aren't technically hers (she didn't purchase them), they are amazing and worth a look see!

Comment

• my first purchase from etsy..
                        i really like the color of some of the pearls.. but it feels too heavy on my neck (60cm),.,..
                        thought it would be delivered within a week as I live just next to china..but i had to wait 3weeks..

Name:	KakaoTalk_20190308_093424593.jpg
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	386855

Name:	KakaoTalk_20190308_093425411.jpg
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	386856

Comment

• Seoulite: Maybe you can re-string it so it'll be lighter and keeping only your favorite pearls on it . Which vendor did you get it from?
                          "The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths it has its pearls too."-Vincent Van Gogh

Comment

• I have two metallic Edison pearl strands.Click image for larger version

Name:	BA5C0A8A-E76B-45DC-A6FC-2BB83F8937AE.jpg
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	396633
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Bridie; 03-12-2021, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• Your strands are very pretty Bridie.

Comment

• Lovely strands, Bridie

Comment

Working...
                                X