Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• juliebeth
    replied
    welcome to the addiction! and what an excellent strand to begin with. just gorgeous!

Leave a comment:

• Pearl Dreams
    replied
    They look great! Congratulations and happy wearing!

Leave a comment:

• khanzy
    replied
    Thanks everyone for the kind comments! I wouldn't have been able get these wonderful pearls without the excellent advice from this thread as well as all of the information I learned from the PG forum. I really appreciate this community and you have made me a pearl-lover for life.
    Cheers!
    KZY

Leave a comment:

• Kathleen Conway
    replied
    Paradise indeed!

I'm late to this thread but wanted to say, what a gorgeous choice! FWIW this size is what, reading pages of opinions, I hoped you'd get. I'm sure you will enjoy their beauty for years to come.

Leave a comment:

• GemGeek
    replied
    You have taken terrific photographs! Lovely pearls that will last a lifetime. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• LitGeek
    replied
    They are just gorgeous and I am sure you will reach for them often! Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• BAS
    replied
    Absolutely lovely. Wear them in good health! What a classic look you will wear throughout your lifetime!

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Those are absolutely lovely pearls, I hope you get a lot of pleasure from wearing them.

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    Congratulations! How perfect for you, wear often and enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• khanzy
    replied
    Freshadamas have arrived!

16" 7.5-8.0mm silver overtone Freshadamas from PP *swoons*

They match the 7.5-8.5mm silver overtone Freshadama earrings I ordered previously. The earrings are rounder and more lustrous. Some pearls are a bit off-round nearer to the clasp, the most obvious being right next to the clasp, but I am so happy with them it doesn't matter. Needless to say, I am extremely satisfied.
    Photos taken under indoor lighting and then indirect light outdoors. I might post some neck shots in "Show us your pearls"; I am quite happy with the length, for me it is in between a choker and princess, and I love the way it drapes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	in case.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	355131

Name:	in.jpg
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	355130

Name:	in skin.jpg
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	355132

Name:	out case.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	355133

Name:	out lay.jpg
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	355134

Name:	out skin.jpg
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	355135

Leave a comment:

• khanzy
    replied
    Agreed, perhaps "classic" would be a more suitable adjective. The necklace is on its way and I and giddy with anticipation!

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    Can't help but think that this thread is now mis-titled; nothing "basic" about those lovely freshadamas!

Leave a comment:

• khanzy
    replied
    I love pendants! That is a great look on your sister.
    Golden akoyas are definitely on my wish list. I am wondering if gold-peach freshwater metallics might be similar.

Leave a comment:

• Amanda
    replied
    With your skin and hair tones, you'd also look lovely in south sea gold pearls, or naturally golden Akoyas, I think (I AM the voice of pearl temptation!). Those colours wouldn't suit me at all, sadly, although I think they are beautiful in themselves.

As an example of how delicate can work, this is one of my sisters - she's not tiny, although she's smaller than I am, 5 ft 4, British size 8 (I think that's an American size 4, but I'm not absolutely certain about that) wearing a very small and delicate pearl pendant.

Name:	Lil2.jpg
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	355045

Leave a comment:

• pattye
    replied
    Really, there are no rules! Please don't buy into that old fashioned idea. I feel it's what each woman is comfortable with and fits her personal style and budget. Thankfully, large pearls are now available on even a modest budget.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X