Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POP… short for Plenty of Pearls

Comment

Marianne, you are in rare form today! Love it!
      Caitlin

How to hand-knot pearls without a tool

My avatar is a Sea of Cortez mabe pearl. One of a pair of Mexican handmade earrings.

Comment

That is so nice of you, Pearl Dreams! And well said, Marianne- one can never get enough pearls.
        Valentines Day Sale on PP! I can't wait to receive my silver overtone POP 7.5-8.5mm Freshadama necklace, finally~~ I am very very excited. I have almost completed my "first basic strand purchase" (after taking a multi detour, ha ha, so not technically first anymore).

Comment

I think, if I were you, I too would go for the silver freshadamas. Both silver and rose suit your skin, but the silvery overtones are a little bit more "ooomph!" against your skin than the rose overtones, I reckon. They are both really lovely on you, though, so either would be a great strand to choose.

I don't buy the older & bigger = must-wear-large-pearls rule. I'm mid 30s, and 5 ft 7, and I sometimes wear small pearls. I like them, or they go with what I'm wearing, or I just feel like wearing them. All perfectly valid reasons, I reckon.

Comment

Thank you Amanda, I think that the silver overtones definitely have a "South Sea" luster and look to them other than the obvious size difference!
            The way that I interpret the "older & bigger rule" personally is not so much in terms of the luxury and price associated with larger pearls but more as the settings in which they would work well. I think younger people generally don't have as much opportunity to attend as many fancy occasions where this look might be suitable, perhaps for financial or just lifestyle reasons.

Comment

Really, there are no rules! Please don't buy into that old fashioned idea. I feel it's what each woman is comfortable with and fits her personal style and budget. Thankfully, large pearls are now available on even a modest budget.
              Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

With your skin and hair tones, you'd also look lovely in south sea gold pearls, or naturally golden Akoyas, I think (I AM the voice of pearl temptation!). Those colours wouldn't suit me at all, sadly, although I think they are beautiful in themselves.

As an example of how delicate can work, this is one of my sisters - she's not tiny, although she's smaller than I am, 5 ft 4, British size 8 (I think that's an American size 4, but I'm not absolutely certain about that) wearing a very small and delicate pearl pendant.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lil2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	355045

Comment

I love pendants! That is a great look on your sister.
                  Golden akoyas are definitely on my wish list. I am wondering if gold-peach freshwater metallics might be similar.

Comment

Can't help but think that this thread is now mis-titled; nothing "basic" about those lovely freshadamas!

Comment

Agreed, perhaps "classic" would be a more suitable adjective. The necklace is on its way and I and giddy with anticipation!

Comment

Freshadamas have arrived!

16" 7.5-8.0mm silver overtone Freshadamas from PP *swoons*

They match the 7.5-8.5mm silver overtone Freshadama earrings I ordered previously. The earrings are rounder and more lustrous. Some pearls are a bit off-round nearer to the clasp, the most obvious being right next to the clasp, but I am so happy with them it doesn't matter. Needless to say, I am extremely satisfied.
                        Photos taken under indoor lighting and then indirect light outdoors. I might post some neck shots in "Show us your pearls"; I am quite happy with the length, for me it is in between a choker and princess, and I love the way it drapes.

Name:	in case.jpg
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	355131

Name:	in.jpg
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	355130

Name:	in skin.jpg
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	355132

Name:	out case.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	355133

Name:	out lay.jpg
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	355134

Name:	out skin.jpg
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	355135

Comment

Congratulations! How perfect for you, wear often and enjoy!
                          Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

Those are absolutely lovely pearls, I hope you get a lot of pleasure from wearing them.

Comment

Absolutely lovely. Wear them in good health! What a classic look you will wear throughout your lifetime!

Comment

They are just gorgeous and I am sure you will reach for them often! Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X