FW baroque 15 mm - are they nucleated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Valeria101 View Post
    How about some freshwater rounds around 13mm? Who has them?
    At the GLDA gem show in Tucson, U.S. Pearl Co. had many pairs of button pearls in beautiful metallic colors approx. 12-13mm. Just give Mr. Peach a call. If you need the number, PM me and I'll look for the info.

Gail

Comment

Ikecho is the name of the mussel that they grow in. Everyone has probably seen this photo before, but here they are. You'll see what I mean about the matching, except that they are enormous...
      Blaire, sorry for ignorance: it is first time that I hear about Ikechos. What is so special about this mussel? Is it also in China? Why does it produce such silky surface? Is it something new or did I just miss it?

Could this also be Ikecho? The glow is very different from my other FW pearls and they are large, so I have already got a suspicion that it might be some other variety or another method to produce them. Maybe just nucleated of course...

Olga

Comment

Hi olmander,

I don't think what you have there are Ikecho. They are just very cute and plump Chinese freshwater baroques.

Slraep

Comment

Originally posted by Pearlgully
          At the GLDA gem show in Tucson, U.S. Pearl Co. had many pairs of button pearls in beautiful metallic colors approx. 12-13mm. Just give Mr. Peach a call. If you need the number, PM me and I'll look for the info.

Gail
          I think I found the contact: HERE

Thanks

If it wasn't for the Tucson thread and your nudge, there's nothing on that website to tell what the company really is good at!

Comment

Originally posted by GemGeek View Post
            Ikecho is the name of the mussel that they grow in. Everyone has probably seen this photo before, but here they are. You'll see what I mean about the matching, except that they are enormous...

[ATTACH]2955[/ATTACH]

I'm now thinking of setting them into rose gold.

Hi Olga and Blaire,
            I check once again what there was asbout the Ikecho pearls and found posts #37 and # 38 on the thread "innovation continues in Chinese Freshwater Pearl Culture under

Pearling Industry News.
            The posts are from August 17 and 18, 2007.

Fireball and Ikecho are the same pearls, Ikecho in japanese means Biwa Pearly Mussel acc. to Jeremy.

Comment

Working...
            X