No announcement yet.

FW baroque 15 mm - are they nucleated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FW baroque 15 mm - are they nucleated?

Hi everybody,

In a nervous anticipation of my exotics I came across gorgeous earings which in my understanding should match the big ovals, as well as my already existing long beige-apricot baroque strand from VoP-Munich. The FW pearls in the earings are perfect and very large - 15x12 mm. No flat sides.

Are such big FWs always nucleated?

Olga

Olga

Ooooh droolworthy!!!
    From Australias Top End
    http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/

Comment

I agree! Luscious.

Comment

Olmander, they are gorgeous. Love em. Want them Want some pink FWs just like that quality. Can't wait for my exotics to arrive. I will be going into town tomorrow and just maybe they will be waiting for me. Takes time for the post to get to Australia.

Bodecia

Comment

Olmander, they are beautiful, I absolutely love the colour, and the little diamonds set the pearls off so well, you must be very proud of these.

I know flat sides would be undesirable in earrings for obvious reasons, but I've heard it mentioned that some forum members try to avoid flat sides in necklaces as well. Are they generally regarded as unsightly then?

Comment

Nice. Very nice. The lustre's not bad either! I don't think they are nucleated.

Slraep

Comment

They are not necessarily bead-nucleated at that size. In fact, chances are they are just large tissue-nukes. 12 mm is not abnormal in an off round size. Making a pair, and a fine pair with great luster is more abnormal.
              Jeremy Shepherd
              President and Founder
              PearlParadise.com, Inc.
              The PearlParadise.com YouTube Channel
              PearlParadise.com on Flickr
              PearlParadise.com on Facebook
              Some of My Favorite Pearly Finds on Instagram

Comment

Wow, it looks like I've accidentally won a lottery . It was love from the first sight!
                Olga

Comment

I'm sure this isn't the first time I've said you have excellent taste! Those pearls look a lot like my faboo Ikechos, silky and shiny at the same time.

Comment

Thank you, Blaire! Quite a compliment for such a beginner as me .
                    What is Ikechos? (sorry for ignorance)
                    Olga

Comment

Originally posted by olmander View Post

Olga,

they are lovely. I believ Ikechos are the s.c. Fireballs, that is bead- and tissunucleated pearls.

Comment

Originally posted by olmander View Post
                        Ikecho is the name of the mussel that they grow in. Everyone has probably seen this photo before, but here they are. You'll see what I mean about the matching, except that they are enormous...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ikechos.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	338864

I'm now thinking of setting them into rose gold.

Comment

How about some freshwater rounds around 13mm? Who has them?

Comment

Blaire, your Ikechos are indeed absolutely stunning! My earings are also with rose gold

Valeria, I do have large FW rounds 12 mm. But still not as large as 13... And those are of course not so perfect as the small ones. But still look quite impressive. Here they are:

Last edited by olmander; 02-19-2008, 08:48 AM.
                            Olga

Comment

Originally posted by olmander

Valeria, I do have large FW rounds 12 mm. ...still look quite impressive.
                              They sure are impressive!

I meant... single pearls or pairs at most , not a strand Now that would have definitely been a surprise - getting a strand of 13+ mm round & fine freshwater pearls to come out of the bush all of a sudden

Comment

Working...
                              X