Freshwater pearls are better then Akoya pearls?

I still hope to be able to get 100% nacre freshwater pearls in the future, it would be too bad if we had to be content with PPB in freshwaters as in Akoyas, Tahitians and SS even though at least the Tahitians have a nice nacre coating compared to the Akoyas.

And it would be very great if we could get honest answers as to what type of nucleus IS REALLY USED in the Fireballs!

As long as an endangered species gets used and we consumers are buying products with them, we shouldn?t complain, the only way to stop it is not buying even though some of those fireball necklaces are relly stunning to look at!

Hi Pearl gully!
Excellent points. And compared to me,not a tirade at all. ;)

People in general:
I wish you could have seen Fuji Voll's necklace. It was the size of the "Athena", one of Paspaley/Stuller's necklaces with HUGE pearls.) I hope he let Elisabeth Strack photograph it for her next edition. The beads were very tidy and quite round in spite of the wrinkly surfaces. No tails or protrusions, though it had the wrinkley/Kasumilike colors in a top of the line necklace. Retail price? Slightly under 30k- I think.

Then the one at Tai Woo was quite nice also, but only if you hadn't seen the best one first. It had problems with roundness and consistency of the wrinkles. The colors were pretty good, but not as good as Fuji's. Wholesale price on first quote, 5k

I shall continue to watch the Chinese pearl booths for the upgrades in these techniques and types of pearls. I tell ya, there are no pearls, including freshwater pearls, that freshwater pearls can't copy!

Back