Freshwater Barogue's - expensive?

Hi Xeresana,
They don't feel too heavy on my neck - they are still around my neck as I type - obviously, I can feel the weight, but it is comfortable.
I'll weigh them and get back later - must go cook dinner or I'll be in the dog house.....

Sueki - they are beautiful!! I didn't think I would care for the white, but now I am regretting not having some of those as well. So many lovely pearls out there! :)

Well, Sueki, you've got the bestest set of wonder pearls. They do look wonderful. I'm not crazy about flat sides either, but I wouldn't dream of having someone search through strands and strands to find me the perfect pearls. Consequently, I didn't order any as they all looked as though they had flat sides. However, seeing them on you I see NO flat sides. Nada! They are indeed, perfect.

pattye said:
...anyone would know you are wearing "Real Pearls" that look like $10,000+

Could be the other way around too... someone wishing that their 10k spent on pearl would have bought the look :cool:

Just before I go to bed, I've weighed each necklace.
17 inch weighs 56.4 grams.
19 inch weighs 60.4 grams.
21 inch weighs 75.9 grams.

Boo and Knotty, thank you for your comments.
All the credit must go to Mia and Elia at P.P. though.
And this forum, as I would never have known how beautiful freshwater pearls are, and still be stuck on my akoyas, if I hadn't stumbled across this site.
Knotty - there are one or two less lustrous sides to a couple of the pearls, but these are on the shortest edges, not the fronts or backs of the pearls, if you get what I mean. And I stress only one or two. Considering these are untreated, well, who would have thought it ? And for the price, I think overall they are a great buy.
Even after I paid the import taxes ....:mad:
Over here, costume jewelry can cost three times the price of these pearls for rhodium plated base metal and glass. More in a certain "top peoples store" in London.

And both Mia and Elia implied that they enjoyed searching the strands and making the choices.
Although they may well have been being polite, I hope that they did, indeed, enjoy the challenge.
Now I really must go.
Thanks again everyone for your kind comments.

Back