Purple baroque strand from Kongs Pearl

Morning picture taken in a white box and a neckshot IMG_20190507_084600.jpg
IMG_20190507_101144.jpg

They do look great on you, amazing colors on this one. It's good that it smells less.

They look beautiful on you. Hopefully any remaining smell doesn’t last long. I like the red thread.

Lovely neck shot, they suit you very well, enjoy!

These are really gorgeous! Great colors.

I recently bought some pearls that smelled horrid - my first time getting a batch that smelled really bad, rather than just lingering funk on the temporary thread. I tried a lot of different things to clean them, but in the end just cleaning them well and letting them dry completely seems to have done the trick.

Lovely! Sometimes a restring is all it takes to get rid of the offending smell. And I agree, the colors are well suited for you and look fabulous in your neck shot!
Thank you JP. The smell is almost gone now :) here is a morning shot of the strand. IMG_20190509_064740.jpg

These are really gorgeous! Great colors.

I recently bought some pearls that smelled horrid - my first time getting a batch that smelled really bad, rather than just lingering funk on the temporary thread. I tried a lot of different things to clean them, but in the end just cleaning them well and letting them dry completely seems to have done the trick.

Thank you so much Battah :) i just left them in the open and the smell dissipated.

I have NO experience with the issue of smelly pearls, but am wondering if putting them in a closed environment with a separate dish of baking soda might help, as it's a great odor absorbent? Like for example, a small dish of baking soda, the pearls on a plate, and a glass dome over ... or a large container with a small dish of baking soda, the pearls next to the dish, and a lid on the container?

I bought a strand of the purple/green pearls from Kongs, too, and had to run pull them out of the drawer and sniff them. Luckily, no fishy smell. I haven't worn them yet, but here they are with purple studs from Wendy at Pearlescence.

View attachment 66987
Parrot Lady, what size pearls are your strand? And have you worn them yet? :) I'm curious to know if you see similar colours as in suchi's strand. They look like great colours!

Cricketbug, my strand is 9-10mm and, no, I haven’t worn it yet. I haven’t even walked it around the house to find the best light. Either Suchi has found perfect light for photographing her strand or mine is not quite as intensely colorful, although all the same colors are there. Mine also seem to be more wrinkled.

Back