Freshwater “Edison” Strand to go with my South Sea earrings.

Mastiiffmom

Hi everyone! I first posted with concern that my SSP earrings may not be authentic. I took them to my jeweler and they in fact are authentic 15mm+ set in white 14kt gold. I’m so happy!! I also posted that I wanted to find a SS pearl necklace. Several of you suggested the freshwater “Edison” pearls. I found a reputable jeweler who had a nice strand for sale & I took a chance. The price was perfect. The strand arrived today and I am THRILLED!! I think they look amazing. Tell me what you think.
The necklace is Edison freshwater. A few of the pearls in the photo don’t look completely round. It’s just the photo. They are completely round. The earrings in the photo are SS pearls.

384F6A39-8B6A-4E44-9D72-F69027A9F260.jpg

Here you go! Not a great picture. My old saggy neck. But I am so thrilled with the pearls. And even more happy I didn’t have to spend a fortune!!
AF661D1D-062B-49A3-97BA-30CE5D992DE1.jpg

Thank you! I am really pleased. I wasn’t even aware of “Edison” pearls until coming here to you wonderful people. :) I have wanted a strand of South Sea pearls and a pair of earrings for a long time. I have many other strands of Akoyas and smaller freshwater. But no SS. I found my earrings for a good price. But then promptly panicked, thinking they were not authentic, which brought me here. So I was prepared to fork out lots more money for a strand of South Sea pearls. But I ended up getting MY strand for about the same price as the earrings!!! YIPPY!!

I’m sure a professional or a pro-pearl person could tell the difference looking at them. But I really don’t see that much difference. And certainly not the $1000’s of dollars difference in price it would have cost to get the South Sea pearls. Now I can go buy more stuff!!

Last edited:
Enjoy your beautiful pearls. They look magnificent together. And I'm all for saving $, more opportunity to add to your Pearl collection.

Back