Should I keep these?

Tiger

I took a chance and ordered some pearls from a luxury resale website. The few photos they had weren't great (and the description was pathetic) but you can return things if you don't like them. This an 18-inch strand of 11.5-12mm near-round pearls with a 14K yellow gold clasp that I'm thinking are freshwater. I received them yesterday and upon close inspection, they are not super quality but I'm okay with that. They are probably good enough for daily wear except for one pearl that has a what almost looks like a chunk missing. Is that okay or is it going to wear/age poorly? Thanks so much for your help!

Attachments

• pearls-3.jpg
    pearls-3.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 114
  • pearls-4.jpg
    pearls-4.jpg
    883.3 KB · Views: 106
  • pearls-1.jpg
    pearls-1.jpg
    742.5 KB · Views: 108
  • pearls-2.jpg
    pearls-2.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 108
Freshwater, mediocre good quality, and yeah, that one pearl with nacre damage doesn't look great.
You could restring the necklace and omit the one pearl, but why bother? It doesn't sound like you love the strand, and the money could be used to buy something you actually love. I'd send them back, personally.

Freshwater, mediocre good quality, and yeah, that one pearl with nacre damage doesn't look great.
You could restring the necklace and omit the one pearl, but why bother? It doesn't sound like you love the strand, and the money could be used to buy something you actually love. I'd send them back, personally.
Ok, thank you! You helped me make up my mind. You're right, I don't LOVE them....back they go.

So well put :) Never keep something that is sort of okay.

Back