Freshwater or Akoya 10mm Pearls?

MotherOfPearlTrumpet

I posted this strand on my "Pearling Story" thread...I'm not sure what kind of pearls these are...Freshwater or Akoya. they have the pinkish sheen of Akoya and markings could also be Akoya but they are so big for Akoya pearls, it makes me think they may be just really nice Freshwaters. Because of how the photo was shot, some pearls appear off round, but they are indeed closer to round/near round, no ovals. Your thoughts?
IMG_1013.JPG
IMG_9656.JPG

It's a nice strand @MotherOfPearlTrumpet
Can't really make out too many details as the photos are just a tad fuzzy when enlarged. If what you say is that they are perfeclyl round...just by color I would say these are Akoya. The luster in the larger Akoyas (10 mm) is usually not as good as in smaller Akoya (in my experience, but I have not seen more than a dozen 10 mm Akoya strands)...so I think they are Akoya.

It's a nice strand @MotherOfPearlTrumpet
Can't really make out too many details as the photos are just a tad fuzzy when enlarged. If what you say is that they are perfeclyl round...just by color I would say these are Akoya. The luster in the larger Akoyas (10 mm) is usually not as good as in smaller Akoya (in my experience, but I have not seen more than a dozen 10 mm Akoya strands)...so I think they are Akoya.
I'll see if I can get some better pictures to post...

Some pearls do have a little more of a "golden" undertone, it is more pronounced in this photo than in real life. It is very subtle with the naked eye. Again, because of the "angle" of the shot, the pearls on the lower and upper parts of the photo appear oval, but they are indeed round.
IMG_2049[1].JPG

Yes...I see much better now, these look like Akoya to me. Interesting overtones...see some cool ones, others abit more rosy...a couple goldenish there.
It's nice!

Yes...I see much better now, these look like Akoya to me. Interesting overtones...see some cool ones, others abit more rosy...a couple goldenish there.
It's nice!
Guess when you have to assemble matching 10mm Akoya pearls you take whatever overtones you can get!!!
Thank you for your 2nd look. I'm way too new at this to make a trustworthy judgement call.

The tiny pearls near the clasp looks like a signature design thing for a company. Anyone recognise?
That is my design when restringing the pearls! It was difficult to work the clasp with those big 10mm pearls right next to it, so I added 2 smaller Akoya's to better handle the pinch clasp. Hope you like it! It's a MotherOfPearl signature look! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back