No announcement yet.

Advice on normal imperfections on top AAA pearls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pearls are not produced in America either. I do not see the point of what you are saying.
    Many times the prices vary because there is another layer of wholesale - every layer will roughly double the price.
    Look for retailers who go as high in the supply chain as possible.
    What is VAT in France and is there another tax on precious metals? Or the French company is some sort of subsidiary which is having to 'buy from the parent company.
    I have findings made especially for me in the UK and I can charge much less for them than a German company operating a subsidiary charges for them, even when they are made in exactly the same factory in the UK. depends also on what the company thinks is a reasonable price
    Author:Pearls A Practical Guide published by Crowood Jan 2021
    www.pearlsapractical.guide

Comment

I wanted to tell that we must pay so much to use many foreign raws materials, that it's not encouraging to do it in Europe.
      Gold VAT amount is 20% and frensh gold sellers must pay 10% as additional tax, but I don't know if it's available for jewellers.
      About my bails, I buy them in UK, and their package comes from German (where they are also more expensive).
      Pearls carver
      www.instagram.com/pearlew_ericwindeck
      www.facebook.com/pearlewindeck

Comment

Just to clarify - duty in Australia is enforced when you bring in an item or items that total 1000AUD or more. . which is about 760$ USD
        https://www.instagram.com/pearlzaustralia/?hl=en
        https://www.etsy.com/shop/pearlzaustralia

Comment

All the tax and duty kicks in in the UK at 18
          I have no idea where all the money goes (well I do but that is getting into politics)

Don't have much choice about paying because all my materials are non-UK (cloggau gold by the way, if you ever see it advertised as welsh gold..there is about one molecule of welsh gold per ring. It's homeopathic welsh gold)

Comment

We have also gold, in Frensh Guyana, but I don't believe that it's really more profitable than your welsh gold! Anyway, to work gold, in France, is to enter in a maze of rules, with a cash drawer to fill at each corner...
            As I have still said, I think that it's so more a shame, that artists can't report any frees, VAT, taxes, on that we buy to work. It means, at last, that we are paying taxes on taxes!
            Last edited by ericw; 12-14-2017, 10:57 AM.
            Pearls carver

Comment

What really irritates are the sellers in the UK who are smugglers..I overhear them in HK boasting about how they never declare their purchases and aren't registered for VAT .

Comment

I have friends with family in UK. They often go to see them, and have told me that there are more controls, at present time, but about meat export only...???!
                Pearls carver

Comment

Eric, the French rules sound complicated and burdensome.

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Dreams View Post
                    Eric, the French rules sound complicated and burdensome.
                    Yes Pearl Dreams, it's one of our biggest problems: first, the fashion of frensh government is that each politician gives his name to a law, even it's stupid, second, that our administration works without any control, any feedback, seeming only to justify its pay by multiplication of rules in any ways (a lot of people works for administrations...). My country is sick of its management, and that"s not a question of political parties, the problem is deeper.
                    Last edited by ericw; 12-14-2017, 05:01 PM.
                    Pearls carver

Comment

Just wanted to close this one off (had meant to post back sooner).

The vendor was incredible and looked after us, it was as everyone pointed out a simple shipment mistake and once they saw photos they rectified it immediately.

The new earrings were like night and day, and have become a new favourite for my wife!

Thanks to everyone for the support and info!

Comment

Thanks for following up! I'm glad your wife loves her new earrings.

Comment

That's wonderful!!!

Comment

Great news from you, Matt! Thanks for checking back in!
                            Pattye

PatriciaSaabDesigns.etsy.com

facebook.com/PatriciaSaabDesigns

SO MANY PEARLS, SO LITTLE TIME----

Comment

So glad your situation has a happy ending! Feel free to post ear shots if your wife is agreeable. We'd love to see your pearls!

Comment

Working...
                              X