Gold color freshwater pearls

yeah, There are pearl do lean toward brownze and golden. Mine is somewhat between yellow toward gold. I look up golden color pearl, and none match close to my exotic pearl. To be close on the size of my pearl, mine is roughly 12 mm in diameter. I won't know anything else till when/if I make my decision to get both lab. report.

Kenny, I'm no pearl expert but a lot of the people on here are. If you post some photos of your pearl, they might be able to tell you something about it just from seeing that. Just if you want to...

It is difficult to help assess a pearl that can't be seen or even described (is it freshwater, is it saltwater ... the size, the color, etc.) The thread has gone on long enough for a well-educated guess, however.

You've described a color one would only find in three pearls: a shell pearl, a color-treated freshwater pearl or a golden South Sea pearl. Because you learned some factual inaccuracies (from the seller I assumed) about the growth of the pearl, the color and the value of drilled vs undrilled (the last one was a biggie), and the seller didn't tell you whether the pearl was freshwater or saltwater (the latter being worth substantially more), I'm guessing it is either a shell pearl or a color-treated freshwater pearl ... possibly even drilled.

Before you go to the expense of a lab report -they aren't cheap - I strongly recommend you post some photos of your pearl here. While we cannot be 100% sure from photos as to what you have, we can give guidance. So far you seem worryingly coy about your pearl

Why do you not wish to disclose the size?

Why would you ask us if you can't trust us with the proper size? Or with a photo?

Is it a stolen pearl? Forgive me for guessing that, but your reluctance to share any real information has made it impossible for us to tell you anything, so I am trying to guess why you won't just give us a photo, if not more than one photo.

Have you ever read, "The Pearl" by John Steinbeck and you think you have a valuable pearl that people would steal, or you would get cheated if you shared your special pearl with some pearl experts?

That is what we are, pearl experts not psychics.

26 posts and nothing learned by anyone? Unless you can share a photo at least, I am not inclined to pay any more attention to this thread without getting any real information. This, am sorry to say, has been a waste of time -so far.

You are the first person in 8 years to ask us about a pearl sight unseen, and yet be so reluctant to share the info that will tell us what you have, namely a photo.

I am still trying to guess...what is this pearl? Your Preciousssss?

Last edited:
Kenny, do you need help figuring out how to post a photo? Click on Go Advanced, then click on "Manage Attachments".
A window will pop up.
Click on "Add files".
Then click on "Select files". Then "Upload Files".

If you look again at the Manage Attachments section of your reply page on Pearl-Guide, you will now see your photo attached.
Then click "Submit Reply" and your post will appear with the photo.

Alternatively you can upload your photo to a hosting site (like Photobucket) and just copy and paste the image link to your post.

If single gold color freshwater is rare and hard to find in the marketplace, how much is it worth for a 11.5 to 12.50 mm golden round chinese freshwater pearl?

The OP opened with two points, first by suggesting a rarity and fishing for a price range for a specific color, shape and species.

To answer your question specifically, the longer lifetime of a mullusk correspond to the size of the pearl. Another word, the older the mollusk gets, the bigger the pearl gets. Therefore, I believe mine to be about over ten years old life in a mollusk.

The OP is attempting to educate us? Even to someone largely unfamiliar with pearls, the relationship between size and age is something most people figure out by the time they learn to walk. Only natural pearls get to ten years in the shell because in cultured pearls, that length of time is not viable... even in China. The best pearl luster comes from juvenile... not senescent growth.

Its the top of the line that they carry I got so fascinated and excited about, and I just buy. Whether its freshwater or saltwater, I don't know. I look all over the place, and there's no place that sell perfectly round gold color pearl freshwater. I look up GIA in San Diego, and thinking about obtaining both reports.

-Kenny

Okay, so now the OP admits this is not a unique pearl, instead a "line", and purchased it despite not knowing it's species of origin. Why would anyone certify a cultured freshwater pearl, especially knowing someone else is sitting an inventory?

I doubt this pearl exists, but if it does, the OP was probably bilked into thinking they are rare and has an opportunity to profit by reselling them.

Unless the OP submits a photograph and specific information, I'd suggest this thread be deleted by the admins.

Last edited:
Hi Kenny,

I understand if you are doubtful of trusting people on the internet, and no one is forcing you to post a photo if you don't want to. However from the way you've talked about your pearl...it really sounds to me that you have been conned in China. If GIA testing is the way you want to go, do it, but do know that it does cost a bit of a fortune -- but money hasn't seemed like a priority to you so far.

Good luck!

My Precious Pearl......

My Precious Pearl......

Hi all wonderful pearl expert, please accept my apology. Its not about trust here... I am new to this forum and shy. I didn't know anything about adding photo here. All I know is I find my pearl very fascinating, splendid, exotic, and magnificent...... I've attached my pearl photo to share. Let me know what you think....

Thanks,
Kenny

Attachments

• Stone Setting - Brazilian Aquamarines from H.Stern / 5.00ct Pendant & 1.50cts each Pear Shape Earrin
    Stone Setting - Brazilian Aquamarines from H.Stern / 5.00ct Pendant & 1.50cts each Pear Shape Earrin
    15.8 KB · Views: 40
wala... I've so much passion for my pearl that I've to peek at it seven times before I step out of my hotel room.

--Kenny Lieu

Back