Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you prefer white or yellow gold clasps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tucs
    replied
    Agree with the others -- WG suits white/silver overtones better than YG. So, unless you have a preference for YG, want to match to something else in YG, etc, WG seems like the better choice.

Leave a comment:

• Katbran
    replied
    I agree that WG is the way to go with the silver overtones. YG is fine but I'd do the WG. There are some pearls that I prefer with YG..like the Dark Tahitians or some of the Souffle colours are really nice with YG .

Leave a comment:

• Icyjade
    replied
    Go with your gold preference. Also easier to match with earrings and stuff since I guess most of your accessories are in wg too.

Leave a comment:

• BWeaves
    replied
    White gold is very neutral and doesn't overwhelm white pearls. It's great with the silver white pearls. I also have some yellow gold Mikimoto clasps and they are lovely with pinked white pearls. However, I also have a lot of two tone (white and yellow gold) clasps and I love them. They go with everything, but I have a lot of 2 and 3 color gold pieces.

Leave a comment:

• GemGeek
    replied
    I like everything, but I agree that white gold will look great with that strand. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• BAS
    replied
    I almost always opt for WG because it's my personal preference. Some pearls go better with YG and then I go with that. I have a few pieces in Rose Gold and Green Gold. They are subtle in color, and I like those, too.

In this case since WG is your preference and go well with the pearls -- I'd say WG!

Leave a comment:

• dkan 168
    replied
    I do not wear yellow gold as it does not suit my skin colour, and avoid pearls that are yellow/peachy/cherry/brown.

DK

Leave a comment:

• Pearl Dreams
    replied
    I enjoy both colors of gold, but with the whiter pearls I prefer a white gold clasp too.

That's a pretty strand! I hope you will post a neck shot when you get it.

Leave a comment:

• Shakentree
    started a topic Do you prefer white or yellow gold clasps?

Do you prefer white or yellow gold clasps?

Just wondering, what color clasp do you all prefer on your pearls? White or yellow gold? Does the color of the pearls impact your preference?

I am about to put in an order for my first strand (!!!). They are silver overtone FWP. I'm more of a white gold girl, and with the silver overtone I am thinking the white gold clasp would be better. What do you all think?
    Attached Files
Working...
X