The first pearls I ever loved: Silver Baroque and Keshi Akoya Pearls

Zoe Celeste

Greetings!

I thought I would take a moment and post regarding my latest project - a seven strand choker of Silver Baroque and Keshi Akoya pearls that I will be wearing for my wedding in May.

These pearls have a long history, and were the first pearls that I ever had an emotional reaction to... The large baroque Akoyas were the most beautiful pearls I had ever seen, with the purest blue-silver color, fabulous luster, and iridescent orient. Maybe some Pearl Guide old timers will recognize them as the first of their kind that Jeremy brought back in 2007 or so? I'm not sure...

My memory was that as soon as I saw them, I claimed them as mine, and promptly turned them into two bracelets that I wore daily for years, until the glue in the magnet of the clasp fell out of one of them. I returned them to my mother (Caitlin) under the pretense that she would restring them and I would get them back.... HA!

As soon as she had them back, she got the matching Keshi Akoyas from Jeremy and made three graduated necklaces, with a combined length of approximately 92", which she wore as her favorite "dress up" or statement necklace pieces... for years. That is, until I got my mitts back on them, of course!! :D

Turns out, all I had to do was have a wedding and claim as my bridal pearls to get them back! lol

I have never attempted making anything like this, and it is still under construction, but I am actually making progress, yay!!! :eek:

FullSizeRender (12).jpg
FullSizeRender (11).jpg
FullSizeRender (10).jpg
image1 (3).jpg

Gorgeous! The necklace is going to be gorgeous. I love it already.

And the story is even better!

Beautiful design, Zoe & a great story too! I'm sure Caitlin is thrilled you'll be wearing these special pearls for your wedding!

Those special pearls will look so beautiful on your neck, Zoe. Looking forward to photos of the mer-bride :)

Simply beautiful Zoe! You will be a beautiful bride on your special day.

It's easy to see how you fell in love with these pearls. They're absolutely stunning! I can't wait to see the final product and see where the pearls end up, they have such a colorful history between you and your mom. Good luck with the stringing and the wedding!

Thank you so much everyone!!! I am lucky to have a mother who loves me enough to share her pearls with me... even if she doesn't always get them back! lol :p

I will be sure to take lots of pictures of the progress and of course, the final (in this incarnation, anyways :D) product!

PS- "Mer-bride" is too funny, I LOVE it!! :eek:

<3

Zoe:
The pearls and design are stunning! I can't wait to see the final design, but based on the initial work up, it will be a stunner. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. It is so fun!

Thank you, Pearly-Whites! It has been a fun adventure so far! :)

I love those pearls. Caitlin is a good Momma to hand them over! :)

They are easy to love!! She definitely is a great momma for this and countless other reasons... and she didn't even complain about giving them up :p

Back