Your Favorite Pearl Photo!

GemGeek said:
I can see I'm going to have to go back again and again (on royal-mag).

They do update every coupe of months or so. for some reason every new search yields something new.

For example.. a picture meant to show the head dress. No mention of the remarkable stack of pearls there!

I really don't have a 'favorite pearl picture'. Just some candidates. This was just added to the list:

ttrmdpd0.png

What a daring thing to do with pearls!

Happy Birthday GemGeek !!

Enjoy this day, enjoy your presents !

Attachments

• abalone4.jpg
    abalone4.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 42
Happy belated birthday, Blaire!! I will have to dig up a picture at a later date, I am afraid, but you have my fondest wishes for a wonderful year :D

CLICLASP said:
Happy Birthday GemGeek !!

Enjoy this day, enjoy your presents !

Wow!!! You know how I love abalone pearls. That's got to be the most mirror-reflective one I've ever seen.:)

Thanks, I really am enjoying these posts. You should see me smiling.:)
Blaire

I found you a pearl. Not like any other pearl. One of a kind, though. Happy birthday! Sorry all, her name didn't show up on the pic for some reason. Her name is Minnie Pearl and she was a comedian.

Attachments

• 220px-Minniepearl.jpg
    220px-Minniepearl.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 40
What a Gem! I grew up seeing Minnie Pearl on television, price tag and all.;)

Hi, Blaire

and from me as well the very best wishes for Your birthday.
Unfortunately I am not good at posting pictures but if I could I would send You a photo of some lovely pearl tiara, there are quite many around still in the royal houses of Europe.

I wasn't quite sure if it's ok to post here, but didn't find a more suitable topic. I was looking at some paintings by Botticelli and saw this portrait of Simonetta Vespucci which I like. For the first time, I noticed how beautifully her hair was adorned with pearls.

botticelli92.jpg

...and another 'pearl portrait', which I remember since childhood - always liked it - a portrait of Eleonora of Toledo by Bronzino. I will only show a fragment of it, the whole portrait can be found here. (The previous picture is also from wiki).

Aren't the pearls fabulous? To think that all of them are natural! )

Attachments

• eleonora.jpg
    eleonora.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 42
Hey, those are terrific! I wonder how long it took to weave the pearls into the braids... ;)

Those are fab pearls and portraits! Looks like Eleonora has on one dark and one light earring----talk about fashion forward! And some darker pearls, just amazing! Thanks much for the info, I hadn't seen either of these portraits before.

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

I was looking at some paintings by Botticelli and saw this portrait of Simonetta Vespucci which I like. For the first time, I noticed how beautifully her hair was adorned with pearls.

botticelli92.jpg

Hi Eugenie

I did not know this Simonetta Vespucci, but I am very found of the one painted by Piero di Cosimo

Attachments

• Piero_di_Cosimo_Simonetta1.jpg
    Piero_di_Cosimo_Simonetta1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 42
...and another 'pearl portrait', which I remember since childhood - always liked it - a portrait of Eleonora of Toledo by Bronzino. I will only show a fragment of it, the whole portrait can be found here. (The previous picture is also from wiki).

Aren't the pearls fabulous? To think that all of them are natural! )

If you go to the link and enlarge the full photo of the portrait, you'll see an amazing mondo hunkin' pearl tassel thingie (my technical term) by her hand. I think I need to make one of those!!! Wondering what it actually was...

Would make a pretty cool keychain.

Sheri

Hi Eugenie

I did not know this Simonetta Vespucci, but I am very found of the one painted by Piero di Cosimo

Yes, this one is beautiful, too - hard to believe it's same woman, right? Actually, Botticelli painted Simonetta a lot, but I couldn't find anything else with pearls...

la_corsetiere, now, I wonder what the tassel thingie could be used for... didn't pay much attention to it... to shoo away flies and moskitoes?

I've also found two miniatures by Francois Clouet which you might like to see:

Mary Queen of Scots

2880~Miniature-of-Mary-Queen-of-Scots-Posters.jpg

Elizabeth of Austria Queen of France

94310~Portrait-of-Elizabeth-of-Austria-Queen-of-France-circa-1570-Posters.jpg

Fascinating, the pearls in Queen Mary's hair are so translucent. Also, I like the way her necklace is tied, and that the pearls are dark. The second one I don't find so interesting in terms of pearls, but she's just beautiful )

When you're fed up, just tell me to stop, please )

Pics are from http://www.allposters.com

Back