Yamamoto saltwater pearls

CharmedOne, I see that on yours, too! What a lovely collection you have! Sorry, but I didn't find a thread about the oyster/pac-man marking. I came here trying to find information on it. I see that your strand looks to have the same clasp as mine, but yours are graduated. How long have you had yours, and do you have the box and/or the certification? I noticed that the logo inside my box is the same as the one in the thread linked earlier with the Yamamoto/Mikimoto collaboration, but the certification card is different.

I have two more strands with markings I'd like to identify and will try to get pictures and put them in another thread since their markings are different and I don't want to confuse anyone (any more than I already have)!

Hi Anne21, I have no idea about the box. I bought this strand on ebay for $25 and threw the box away. I never keep them, I didn't even think to keep them. Maybe i should from now on. Thanks for pointing out that they look to be graduated. I had no idea that a little over a half mm made that much difference but it does. The middle ones in the front are 7 3/4 to 7 1/2MM with the ones next to the clasp measuring 7 MM. I didn't notice the pink color until I received them and was pleasantly surprised. I like the older akoyas because they seem to have thicker nacre. I live on ebay and tend to buy vintage gold and diamond pieces. I love the fact that they are unique to what you see everyday and the older pieces seem to be well made and more durable. ~d

Back