World Pearl Forum

jshepherd

This should be big! For those of you who have ever thought of taking a trip to Dubai this would be the time!

Dear Mr. Shepherd:

The Dubai Pearl Exchange, an initiative of the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC) is launching the Dubai Pearl Festival (DPF) to be held in the first quarter of 2009. The Festival includes a number of complementary events led by the inaugural World Pearl Forum and to include Pearl auctions, Pearl heritage photographic exhibition and Pearl related training programmes.

We are writing to you in connection with the World Pearl Forum (WPF) being held on the 17th and 18th of February at the Atlantis Hotel, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai, UAE. The WPF seeks to bring together pearl industry representatives from across the globe in a forum to discuss latest initiatives and developments. In this context we are pleased to attach herewith an official invitation requesting you to be one of our eminent speakers.

As the event organizers, we would appreciate a positive response at your earliest convenience.

It sounds like an exciting opportunity - do you think that you will go and speak?

This sounds like a great opportunity!

Will there be podcasts for those of us busy spending our money on pearls instead of plane tickets?

I've indicated that I'm interested in speaking at the conference. But I am going to wait to hear the particulars before fully committing. It sounds like a great conference and this is the inaugural forum, so I would be interested in attending regardless.

They are requesting I present on Pearl Jewellery Online Sales and Opportunities in the New Economy.

Another great idea/opportunity! Get in on the ground floor. Bring us info about the scene. Can you go to the bank in Dubai that has the ton of Gulf pearls stored in the vault?

Can you go to Bahrain and check out Mattar jewelers and other places that sell pearls?

Maybe you can meet Tom Stern and see some of his pearls. That is where his market is!

Of course, you'll be bringing your public relations representative -- Blaire! :cool:

Any chance Pearl-Guide may get its own poster ? :rolleyes:

It wouldn't be the first time a gem & jewelry-related forum gets advertised at an industry meeting, although this pearl forum might be different and not appropriate, something I couldn't tell from where I'm standing.

Great thought Anna:
And in the background of the poster could be the mascot: Octavia!
Of course her mom would have to be there to take care of her.
barbie

Obviously, you should spend some time looking for perfect natural red pearlz.

apologies to our newcomers, a little P-G inside joke

Great thought Anna:
And in the background of the poster could be the mascot: Octavia!
Of course her mom would have to be there to take care of her.
barbie

Right on! Blaire and Octavia meet the Dubai Pearl World! ;)

It's true, the next best thing to going oneself is to send Blaire and Octavia! They will get the inside scoop every time, and take fabulous photos also!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time, so little money

It's true, the next best thing to going oneself is to send Blaire and Octavia! They will get the inside scoop every time, and take fabulous photos also!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time, so little money

Don't think Octavia has forgot about Tiffany's! One of these days we're going to have the ultimate photo-story.:eek:

To whom would the Dubai Pearl Exchange be marketing this festival?

To sheiks, moguls, CEOs, royalty, politicians, movie and other stars, the top 1% of wealthy people, and other collectors. I also think they want to help marketing strategies for top of the line jewelers.

I think they want to be a Middle East version of Hong Kong or at least reestablish a pearl center in the most ancient Persian Gulf traditions. Unlike Bahrain, they will allow cultured pearls, esp SSP and the creme of the Tahitians.

I think they will have speakers to educate folks on various aspects of pearls, then when they leave the lecture rooms, they are going to see mountains of pearls available on which to apply their new found knowledge.

I just made the above up, but it comes from reading and experience.

Let's hear the real skinny!

They announced "the launch of Pearls of Dubai, an integrated pearl centre that would include a pearl farm and retail destination." Sorry, but it just seems to me an attempt at promoting their own new high end retail store in the name of global pearl industry concerns.

I have read that they are quite serious about starting their own pearl farming industry. It seems that Dubai would like to be the center of the world...So, would we assume that they are trying to glean knowledge from the most reliable and knowledgeable of the industry? I also gather that it wouldn't be a good adventure to try to get in the Festival! But then again...

Back