Where to buy smaller pearls for multiple ear piercings?

Nuke

Hello,

I am usually a fan of wearing single pearls in the 9-11mm range, but recently I've gotten multiple lobe piercings (I have three on each ear) and so wanted to start looking into smaller pearls to complement the large one in my first lobe. I'm still trying to figure out what good sizes would be - probably between 2mm and 5mm? Any thoughts on where a good place to buy online with at least 14k gold posts? I tried looking at Pearl Paradise but the smallest pearls there seem to be around 6-7mm, at least when I tried searching (also is it just me or do most pearl sites not have categories by size? I usually see by color/type of pearl/type of jewelry).

I started looking around at Etsy and it seems that might have to be where I go, but I wanted to ask on here first and see if you pearl experts have any input.

Thanks for reading!

these :)

these :)

Oh you know, I received a shipment from Pearl Paradise the other day and it had that - I totally forgot I did find one and ordered it! I opened the package just now and they're perfect for the second/third lobe. Still looking for any other options though! Including any with slightly more design than simple studs.

I have some tiny grey (dyed) freshwater studs from Pearlescence. Wendy may have more tiny pearls in stock.

Why don't you mix it up with other studs? I like the idea of one set of pearls, one gemstone and one diamond/plain gold. I have two piercings and pretty much always wear tiny diamond studs with pearl studs.

Thanks for your responses! I'm looking into other types of earrings as well now. Found a few opal and diamond pieces from WWAKE that really intrigue me - and here I thought pearls were the only type of jewelry I'd ever buy.

Could you give an example please?
I think you might call them threaders over on your side of the common language!.
e white 8.5 drops pull throughs 3757.JPG The chain goes through the piercing.

I love the threader suggestion, thank you! The name pull through does quite make sense, haha. Thank you pearlescence and JerseyPearl.

Thanks for the suggestion, lilliefuzzysocks!

katkashmir, that's beautiful! I believe that is similar to MSC's dream hoop for a nose ring, if I'm not mistaken.

It sure is! But obviously, pearls on only one side since it would go up the nostril ;)

I love Maria Tash's work. I'm dying to get a 3rd hole in each ear and a helix piercing.

I love threaders for the multi-hole styling options as well!

I've been able to source smaller pearls via Sarah at Kojima Pearl, she's great to work with and can usually find almost anything :)

Last edited:
Back