Where to buy chain for a tin cup?

Jersey Pearl and Pattye, Thank you so much for your responses. I thought I had seen a few tin cups that didn't use the wire and instead were secretly anchored to the chain. I may be mistaken though and it could have just been excellent craftmanship, like Pattye's work. Your pearls, beads, and chain all come together so nicely. Your work is so beautiful it looks like the wire and chain are one since the loops are the perfect link size. Jersey Pearl, I was going to head out to my fav coin shop to browse chains but it took longer than expected to get myself out of the house and buy new tires for the car, so I'll try to do that tomorrow. I know I have chains, but they are older ones that are very fine and tight ones, so I won't mess with them.

Random comment as I search for posts on a different topic, but Pattye this necklace is sensational! I love it.

If you are making it for yourself consider getting hold of a broken chain if you haven't got one. You might be able to get a great deal from a jeweller who has taken one in for the melt (ie bought it to send to be melted down) as they will have paid a very low price and might be willing to sell for a deal. Not much point for silver or low carat but you could get a deal for 18ct
(hasten to point out that the tin cups on our website don't have chain obtained this way!)

I do this all the time and it's been a great budget-minded resource...

Back