....what kind of pearls are these?

funky_pearl

hi everyone! this just came in the mail today. the seller said it was his mothers and that they are tennessee river pearls. the chain is 10k rose gold. the pearls (if thats in fact what these are!) look and feel very different then all my others. any info is appreciated, i did my best to get clear pictures. i like the necklace but have no idea what they are! :eek:

utNQJm2l.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2ot4EfGl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

JIaKLFFl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

pxjiicMl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh wow, totally cool! If not pearl, I wonder (from the shape) if they might be shell?

thanks marianne! they don't feel like shell, but they are all a similar shape...they also have an odd texture to them and don't look like any of my mother of pearl pieces either. my husband called it my tooth necklace earlier, lol!

oh that is cool - love the style! so vintage and yet so fresh! in my (admittedly completely inexpert) opinion, they appear to be freshwater "wing" pearls - very well could be natural american river pearls! someone else will have to chime in on how to verify that.

at any rate, very nice, and looks fabulous on! :)

thanks juliebeth, it does look vintage and new at the same time, doesn't it? kind of like a tin cup but with them dangling. i'm going to go google freshwater wing pearls now, i can see why they would be called that! better then my husband calling them tooth shaped!

that's so neat, i just assumed that most cultured pearls were grown in other countries! thanks for the info on my "wings" :D

Back