what is the best quality grade for circled Tahitians?

Montacute

Community member
I'm trying to get the best quality of circled Tahitians I can. Is AAA the top? I'd imagine that circled pearls don't get graded gem quality precisely because of the circles. But can they be AAA?

Thanks Pearl Dreams. I see PP has some AAA baroques on their site, so I guess that is the top. I guess A on an A-D is the same as AAA?

I was starting to think what I am looking for may be unattainable, but in theory it should exist somewhere. I want an 18" strand of heavily circled Tahitians that are ovoid in shape--no pointy ends--in AAA quality and big, 14-15" big. I want a strand that is kind of multicolored and glowing, so not black. Has anyone ever seen such a strand?

I will keep hunting! My heart is set on that shape, but AAA quality. And did I say big? :)

Maybe these are really semi-baroque or near round? I'm not sure how to properly describe them, except not drop and not round.

Hello Montacute: I think sometimes, the big 14 and 15 mm pearls do not have as much colour as the smaller pearls. It may be harder to get the colours you want. Perhaps I am wrong, and will be corrected shortly. :)
Linda.

Hi Linda. Oh gosh, I hope not! But maybe that is also why I can't find what I'm after.

Hello Montacute: I think sometimes, the big 14 and 15 mm pearls do not have as much colour as the smaller pearls. It may be harder to get the colours you want. Perhaps I am wrong, and will be corrected shortly. :)
Linda.

That's the information I have too, Linda. As far as I know first graft are more colourfull as a rule and smaller. Second graft is bigger but with a lower percentage of the very colourful.

Montacute- perhaps you need to work with a vendor over several years for this project.

- Karin

Back