Vintage Akoya necklace

Theresa

Community member
Hi! I'd like to seek the members' opinion again. Does this necklace look like genuine Akoya? Averine 3.jpgAverine 4.jpgView attachment P8090263 (2)View attachment P8090265 (2)Averine 1.jpgAverine 6.jpg

I think they have to approve them first and then we will be able to see them. I'm not 100% sure, still new here but that's my guess. ~d

Yes, as you are new to the forum, you need to wait for them to be approved.

I thought the green beads are aventurine too.

DK :)

Thank you for all your responses. The pearls are 6.5-7mm and the strand of necklace is 31" long. Yes, the beads are aventurine. The clasp is silver. How can I polish the silver without destroying the pearls? Does the pearls have low or medium luster?

I would say medium luster, and polishing is easy-- get yourself a polishing cloth (like a Sunshine cloth) that is impregnated with chemicals that get the tarnish off.

Are you going to restring them? (I would.) Polish the clasp before restringing, and periodically again.

Thanks for the tips, Pearl Dreams. I hope to get the high luster one in the near future. I'll check out Sunshine cloth at the DIY shops. I'm keen to learn how to restring them, it sounds interesting. I read that an expert here has made a video clip but I can't recall the name. I'll go and search the video clip. I'm not sure how long it'll take for me to re-string them, my schedule is so tight.

Back