Vietnam

pearlescence

purveyor of pearls UK/EU
Hi
Does anyone know where the pearl farms are in Vietnam? Is there a central trade body.
I am looking for a contact or place to start looking. I am at a market opposite a lovely lady from Vietnam whose family still all live there (and under a large tree which keeps shooting pollen or something at us making us cough, but that is not necessarily pearl related!)
cheers, and thanks
wendy

There's no central trade body in Vietnam. All the farms are privatized. The farms are literally all over Vietnam, culturing several different types of pearls including South Sea and Akoya. We source our multicolor Akoya pearls from there, which Vietnam is famous for.

Hi Wendy! I was in Nha Trang, Vietnam five years ago and saw plenty of farms doing the three heavies, Akoya, South Seas and even "Tahitians." The bulk of the activity was Akoya and the other two were more at the experimental stage.

pearl shell for Vietnam

pearl shell for Vietnam

Hi
Does anyone know where the pearl farms are in Vietnam? Is there a central trade body.
I am looking for a contact or place to start looking. I am at a market opposite a lovely lady from Vietnam whose family still all live there (and under a large tree which keeps shooting pollen or something at us making us cough, but that is not necessarily pearl related!)
cheers, and thanks
wendy

We are trying to find a reliable shipping company to facilitate the shipping of containers of shell to Vietnam. Any help?
Notes on Vietnamese Akoya supply is interesting.

pearl-man
Norm

We are trying to find a reliable shipping company to facilitate the shipping of containers of shell to Vietnam. Any help?
Notes on Vietnamese Akoya supply is interesting.

pearl-man
Norm
What do you want to know. I have shipped many containers of shell to Japan.

Back