Two New Pearl Projects!

CathyKeshi

Reposting this, as the post from Friday is missing. Friday I got glamour shots of my 2 new pearl projects from John at Pearl Paradise. I usually wait till the package is in my hands, but I just couldn't resist sharing!

Leaf Diamond YG 1 Smallest.jpgRing ingraving Smallest.jpg

The earrings are 2 white baroque akoya pearls pulled from my Pearl Paradise strands from earlier this summer, set in the PP Leaf setting, which John customized for me with a diamond and leverback findings. I'm so happy with how these turned out, and will use this setting again with other pearls. Setting can also be now be seen in several lovely versions on PP FB page ...

The Ring ... oh, THE RING!! How I love this!!! This ring, simple gold band and a fascinating white south seas pearl, jumped out of Mikeyy's suitcase and onto my hand. You can't really see in the photo, but the glowing soap bubble pearl is adorably shaped like a child's top; this year, I was smart enough not to take it off! In talking with John about the resizing needed, we explored a lot of options (too fancy, too plain, too much, too little, too simple ... 3 bears anyone LOL), until John found a master engraver. With my go-ahead, this is what we got back, and I am beyond THRILLED and DELIGHTED ... just right! John is a genius, with the patience of a saint :)

Congratulations, Cathy. Wonderful pieces!

Thank you again, Pearl Dreams ... sorry for the redundancy ...
Red, thank you ... FedEx says it won't show up here till Tuesday, growl ..... I might need to borrow some of John's patience LOL.
Newberry, so much appreciated :) Did you get to see the ring and the pearl at the Ruckus or PP? I had it on my little finger for a while; that's the only one it fit, hence the resizing need. I'll have to see if I can get an angled shot to show the unique shape of the pearl ... like a top or a little space ship ... to go with my alien rosebuds!

I know I responded to this post yesterday and it's gone. :(

I basically echoed everything said above. The new addition of diamonds bring the earrings to a whole new set of classiness. I love them, even though I don't have pierced ears! And I love the ring too, the color is simply beautiful. I love the term, "soap bubbles" and it is so fitting for this pearl. It is wonderful how you were able to get the ring engraved and make it so much more special!

Katbran, that WSS pearl has the cutest shape ... well at least for me, I'm known to like the one-of-a-kind odd ones LOL. The pearl was love at first sight.

Amti, it's a bit like being in that Groundhog Day movie, seeing things again, isn't it ? I borrowed the "soap bubbles" term from others here and it's the aspect of pearls I love the most: I love color. I know there are other, more scientific phrases, but the description suits! I'd be so curious to see what other art the master engraver does! Now the earrings, I am imagining the earring setting with a pair of Douglas' Sea of Cortez pearls, and maybe another gem in place of the diamonds, and it looks fantastic in rose gold with Tahitian pearls and ... uh, oh ... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like the marshmallow pillow, it's a beautiful pearl. The whole set is wonderfully made.

I do love the soap bubble effect on that pearl Cathy! I am sorry I missed seeing it at the Ruckus last year, but hope to this year. The addition of the engraving is a lovely touch to create an all-around special ring. The addition of the bezeled diamonds really elevates the Leaf setting, and those akoyas glow! Enjoy your new lovelies!

A very shiny marshmallow, Kelluvpearls ... like the image ... Thanks!
JerseyPearl, Thank you, and a thread dedicated to pearl rings would be lovely :) I only have 2 "vintage" and not grand, and one more simple one that needs a re-set/re-design; there are a lot of fabulous rings lurking on PG!
KaySD, hope I get to share the ring with you this year!! FedEx should show up tomorrow, I can't wait to see the engraving ... and the diamonds LOL. THANKS, All!!!

Oh my my ,Cathy K!!! Those are wonderful. I love the earrings but the ring engraving has a special place in my heart. My wedding and engagement rings have similar type of engraving. I shall take a picture of it sometimes to show you.

Back