There goes the housekeeping money……

barbaradilek

I swore “ no more pearls for at least 6 months” I held out for 20 minutes,here are pictures of latest additions to my hoard.Single strands clasp is marked 21kt ,and came in a smart box with Arabic writing ,and “ Al Thaim for pearls” underneath.I think they are cultured akoyas,but the orient is delectable.I can’t stop looking at them,the images were taken in natural day light.
The 2nd string is unusual in design,from U.S,and clasp is gold,but not marked.

Attachments

• IMG_1505.jpeg
    IMG_1505.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 166
  • IMG_1502.jpeg
    IMG_1502.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1490.jpeg
    IMG_1490.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_1491.jpeg
    IMG_1491.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1487.jpeg
    IMG_1487.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 146
I wanted to add a "LOL" icon to your post based on the "No more pearls!" notice...but those Akoyas are truly stunning! So, :love: won!
That second strand reminds me of American freshwater pearls indeed.

I shall send photos of the second necklace to the estimable Kari Andersonwho knows all things on natural pearls and get her opinion.Will report back with her judgment! Both sets of pearls together cost less than £100,( the postage for the one from America was more than the pearls!) So I think we may run to a tin of corned beef and a plate of tattles to last the week…..

Hahaha! I'm also on a "no more pearls" diet, but little h is having a thing on Wednesday so . .......

The luster on those pearls. Yeah. Wow.

I'm also right there with the No More Pearls ban but what did I do? Buy some loose Rikitea pearls. I couldn't resist.

Barbaradilek, those Akoyas are just gorgeous!

Sent a couple of images of the chain linked pearl necklace with pendant to Kari Anderson,and she has emailed back to say she is pretty sure they are Mississippi freshwater pearls….Iv seen single pearls for sale,or groups of 5 ,taken from old jewelry,but I havnt seen a similar design necklace as this one,the few I have seen are much more sophisticated,and the pearls are better quality than mine,but the inferior pearls had to end up somewhere,and I’m really glad they ended up with me!

Sent a couple of images of the chain linked pearl necklace with pendant to Kari Anderson,and she has emailed back to say she is pretty sure they are Mississippi freshwater pearls….Iv seen single pearls for sale,or groups of 5 ,taken from old jewelry,but I havnt seen a similar design necklace as this one,the few I have seen are much more sophisticated,and the pearls are better quality than mine,but the inferior pearls had to end up somewhere,and I’m really glad they ended up with me!
Yes, the moment I saw them I had those "Mississippi Pearl Vibes". Glad to hear Kari agrees as well, she is an expert.
Happy you got those for your pearl hoard!

I’m wondering if health insurance covers councilling for pearl addiction,once you’re hooked,it becomes an essential need.Iv never trawled eBay at 3.00 in the morning for a garden hose…….
It's hard to say for sure whether health insurance would cover counseling for pearl addiction, since it depends on the specifics of your health insurance plan. However, it is generally true that many health insurance plans do cover some forms of mental health counseling. I definitely empathize with the struggle of addiction and know how difficult it can be to resist the urge to indulge in whatever behavior you're trying to stop. It sounds like you're doing your best to stay away from eBay in the wee hours of the morning!

Last edited:
Back