The Benefits of Pearl Farming.

Caitlin

Hi Amanda
Thanks! That went up when I was in India and I didn't see it, first time- It's probably worth bumping from time to time, unless someone else will write on new stuff on the subject!

Well, China is a wonderful experience! It is so rich in culture and I think you will really enjoy it.

I know that after I recover from the salty food and the toilets, I will be glad. Ah, to buy a pearl in China............even the rigors of travel pale in comparison to the rewards. (sighs deeply)

salt water pearl farming

salt water pearl farming

sir/madam,

good day........

i was a new member of this site but i was very interested regarding pearl discussion.when i always searching or surfing to find out the net that who can help me regarding this question..thanks god i found you.pls. give me a short time hope i cannot disturb you base of your profile you had a lot transaction, sorry for it?

my question is how the oyster or akuya can produce more pearl as what i had know that an oyster in the sea can produce only one.but when i read to this site nothing is impossible that akuya or oyster can produce seven or more pearl?

i knew because of your more experience regarding pearl farming you can help me and share information.

if you have time to answer my question,pls email me at sirch_leo@yahoo.com.or give me a site and i will study for this...

tnx,

ian

Jeremy will no doubt be along to correct me if I need it, but akoyas are generally seeded with one bead -two nuclei. It is freshwater pearls that can be nucleated multiple times with tissue only. They are larger mollusks and the no-bead technology is believed to make it less fatal for the mollusk.
Ho[pe that helps.

Last edited:
Doesn't that stress the oyster to the breaking point?

Did you get a chance to evaluate the end product? I understand that P. Fucata are only nucleated a maximum of two times in order to preserve quality standards.

I can just imagine little 4mm pearls rolling around in your hands ;)

No, I didn't get to see the end product unfortunately. The operation was a very successful one though so I don't have any reason to think it didn't go well. Three are implanted on one side and two on the other so that when it closes all five are in a zigzag line. Amazing micro surgery done without a clamp to hold the oyster.

Back