Tahitian body color and overtones

luminous

I've been going through all the threads I could find here, but none of them had exactly what I was looking for. I would love to see your real life photos of your Tahitian strands/earrings/pendants etc. accompanied by the stats *especially* the classified body color and overtone.

I am very interested in seeing candid photos of other pieces to see how different the pearls can look in different environments.

I will start with mine which are baroque AA+ silver body color/peacock overtones. 10-11.4mm for reference.

-3_zps6c2015bc.jpg

-1_zpsa9dc4388.jpg

-1_zpsec7ed15d.jpg

IMG_5672_zps6a62ea2f.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is a 50-inch rope, grade AA+, size 8.4 - 11.6 mm, Tahitian Baroque Necklace with 14K WG Ball Matte, luster very high, blemishing light, body color silver.

Here is the vendor photo:

Double Clasp K 714 WHITE

Unfortunately, these night shots only show them as silver -- they show powder blue and pink during the day:

Tahitians in hand.jpg

Tahitians draped on doglet.jpg

Shots on me next...

tahitians blue again!.jpg

Tahitians tripled smoothly..jpg

long with one knot.jpg

Tahitians woven into a torsade.jpg

I had worried that the Tahitian pearls would appear darker than the vendor photos -- but if anything, I think they are lighter. There are many ways to wear 50". My favorite is styled as a torsade.

I took most of the pictures just now so they look pure silver, which they are not in real life.

If we are to go by PP's classification, my humble pearls are silver and green. In bright light though, they blend into pewter.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Other stats: AA (?)/ 12.3-14.9

Last edited:
Back