Some of Caitlin's Pearls

Hi Caitlin,
I totally missed the ombre effect until it was pointed out, but I'm certain it would be gorgeous in person. Guess that's the best thing about stringing one's own, that it can be changed when the mood strikes. I like a bit longer necklace, and generally prefer color over white. This is a great thread! thanks so much,
Pattye

Caitlin Williams said:
Remember the strands Jeremy put up last Spring with the dark pearls in the center and gradually lightening up as it progresses to the end? That is one of them. I had the declasse nerve to put little mauve button pearls of commercial quality in between. Actually I kind of like the look anf it makes the strand longer. I wouldn't not take it amiss if someone told me to remove the lowly beaders pearls, but when all is said and done, that's what I stilll am!.

Very Very Spiff! Hey compared to the Professionals here we are lowly beaders but like them we LOVE what we do! I am very proud of the little Lowly beader club here.. LOL You are a tallented lady!

Cheers

Thanks for posting these! Every and each are lovely, but a couple feel so up close and personal, I hate that screen between me and them... especially the bridge with stacks of square labradorite 'slabs' and the memory strand with shells. I would love to work out a necklace of small shells, mix&match pearls and sapphire beads the only component I have so far). Many pet projects like this don't get done... because I don't really wear nearly as much jewelry as I'd love to put together - my friends wear more of my 'dream' jewelry than I do, as ideas and sketches travel around. This one though, has been in the air for a while and will have to happen.

Hi Valeria
Thanks. I love Bridges and SF landscape too. It is funny, but I don't wear many of them often either. I just love making them. I give a lot away, (like to doctors for their wives and good nurses and others like that) but some people give me money, which I like, cuz then I can buy more pearls! Just to be accurate, I have a few in shops too and would like to do more of that too.

Last edited:
Caitlin Williams said:
These are some lovely puff pearls I combined with tiny coral beads from the 1950's made by a Navajo artist.

Caitlin,

what are puff pearls? I like it best of all, this blending with coral is a "looker". I like also the other necklaces, but this is definitely a favorite of mine! Since then You had some more pics and I do like Zeides with the Transgraft and the one with the mixed pearls. Very lovely!

Last edited by a moderator:
Caitlin's pearls

Caitlin's pearls

Lovely! I love the combination of pearls with other organic materials...it just fits.
And I love the button pearls... they have a vintage quality that I really like.

Thanks Elsa. I like that too.

Inge
what are puff pearls?
That's my word for them. "pillow" pearls might work too. They are a perfectly matched strand from Pacific pearls that look like little puffy pillows. It is late in the day, but I tried another picture- a close up.
I hope you can see how they all match but are an unusual shape.

Attachments

• pillow pearls cropped 002.jpg
    pillow pearls cropped 002.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 51
Here is a closeup of a randomly strung with 2 sizes of pearls that I made for my younger daughter. It is quite long.

Attachments

• -pgf-crop-zoe pearls 031.jpg
    -pgf-crop-zoe pearls 031.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 42
Hi
I was sorting through photos today and found this slightly battered one of 2 of my nieces wearing some of their Gt Grandmother's pearls, then owned by my sis-in-law. Photo is by another sis-in-law and is probably 10 years old. Notice the strand on the right is in dire need of a restring...

Attachments

• small Mary & Cynthia with pearls cropped.jpg
    small Mary & Cynthia with pearls cropped.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Hi Caitlin,

What an adorable picture of two sweet girls wearing family jewels.
One hardly notices the pearls, the girls are so cute.

Slraep

Here is a picture of a 55" strand made from assorted pearls from PP including the baroque untreatred CFW pearls.

Attachments

• Superklonks2 001.jpg
    Superklonks2 001.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Caitlin,

The strand looks very, very rich. The different shapes, sizes and colors of the pearls make it beautifull.
Very creative ! Well done !

nora

Caitlin, four of the round pearls and one of the baroque drops appear to be a dark purple, much darker than the rest of the pearls. Are they, or did the camera play tricks?

Beautiful strand, btw. But you already know I like what you make! :)

OOOHHHHH, Caitlin,

That is just Fabulous! I can just imagine how good it feels draped around 4 or 5 times! I love it when the necklace hangs down so you can see all those pretty glowy colors.

I have to ditto Ana, everything you have showed here is so lovely. I just don't know how you can keep taking them apart for a do-over!:eek: I am still so slow, I guess practice will make the whole process go faster.

Your nieces look like models!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Jeremy,

That's something you could do with all the leftovers!!! 100 inch strands would just fly out if you had them hung around your office! They would never even get to the website! That's the thing with those high quality pearls, they just glow so one can hardly take one's eyes off of them. Makes driving with 'em on dangerous! Everyone who came for Tahitians, SS, Freshadmas wouldn't be able to leave without one of those too! "The Pearl Soup Necklace"
IMO!

Pattye
so many pearls, so little time

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Caitlin! How beautiful! And what a treasure for your family to have all those heirlooms to pass down to their children's children. It's such a personal legacy. Wear them proudly and always in the best of health!

Hi All

Thanks for the feedback.

Jeremy- Yes, I like that name- FW potpourri- and all picked from your pearl vault

This is a great necklace and one I plan to wear. I have another strand about the same length of 5-6mm hi-luster CFWP. They look great to together. I will try to get a pic of me or my elder daughter wearing them.

ana- one of the baroques and several of the purple ones are about as dark as it gets, but it has 4-5 dyed black pearls on it. Those are not natural colors of course. I think it is a little exagerated in the picture, but not much. I put the potpourri together just so I could rotate it and look at the giant baroques from Jeremy. That dark purple one has outrageous orient- almost like an MOP seashell.

Last edited:
The one above is an extra special potpourri because it has the giant untreated baroques on it. It is a total of about 3 1/2 strands long. When I try to price it my guess is even Jeremy would have to sell it for $800+ at least.

Back