Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

That’s a colorful new pendant, BWeaves, and the Akoyas are so bubbly!

Two bracelets of J. Hunter Fiji Pearls. I bought the one with the toggle clasp in Fiji, and I chose the pearls for the one with the orbit clasp on a visit to the PP vault. I randomly arranged the necklace with Fiji pearls from Cees.
IMG_6767.jpeg
IMG_6894.jpeg
IMG_6898.jpeg
IMG_6899.jpeg
 
Oh, I love that leaf pendant, MMtwo! It’s perfect for this season. A friend of mine is a metal worker and is making me a leaf pendant. It won’t have a pearl attached, but I’ll wear it with a an added pearl pendant.

I always take this necklace out in the fall. They are Fiji pearls, from Cees, with the craziest shapes and colors. Worn with a J. Hunter Fiji bracelet from a visit to the PP vault after a ruckus. It’s full of bi-colored pearls that Justin called “Chocolate Kisses”. I added Tahitians to the mixed metal earrings made by an artist in San Francisco.
IMG_6621.jpeg
IMG_6403.jpeg
IMG_6550.jpeg
 
I picked up new Tahitian studs and this little sterling pendant I fell in love with the bright green pearl.
What a lovely pendant. The metal work and leaf design is delicate and so well-done. It looks like an elm leaf to me. Now I am musing that a round golden SSP would look nice on a red-gold leaf design for autumn . . . a fancy acer palmatum leaf.
 
Thanks so much, MintyFresh!😊

A very special necklace of vintage Japan Biwa pearls gifted by Fuji, at Pacific Pearls, from his personal collection. Worn with a tin cup I wire-wrapped with vintage Biwa pearls, and earrings of FW pearls. Both necklaces exhibit a variety of Biwa shapes.
IMG_4839.jpeg
IMG_5315.jpeg
 
Everything looks fabulous, Pomelo! Let us know when you have an announcement to make so we can celebrate with you!

Thanks so much, MIntyFresh! I love the different colors of Fiji pearls, too!

Hahaha, BWeaves- I probably do have a similar dress. I have a lot of polka dot stuff. Love the new Kasumi ring and especially love the redesigned necklace. I hope you have better luck keeping this one away from random things to snag it on. It’s beautiful!

All Tahitian pieces I assembled- a keshi bracelet and short necklace, a mixed Tahitian and beaded necklace, and Tahitians I added to mixed metal artist earrings.
View attachment 480828View attachment 480829
I love this set - boho chic and informal and so beautiful on!
 
What a lovely pendant. The metal work and leaf design is delicate and so well-done. It looks like an elm leaf to me. Now I am musing that a round golden SSP would look nice on a red-gold leaf design for autumn . . . a fancy acer palmatum leaf.
Thanks - I love the red gold leaf and GSSP idea.
 
Thanks so much, MMtwo!

A necklace of individual Tahitian slides, that can be arranged using any number of them, from Tahiti Pearl Market in Hawaii. I bought this several years ago, and unfortunately they no longer have their Hawaii location. Worn with a Tahitian ring I bought at one of the Hong Kong shows, and a strand I knotted with pearls from CMW.
IMG_6979.jpeg
IMG_6921.jpeg
 
I have a tell. I just had surgery and Merrily went with me as driver. I asked for a bit more anesthesia because I used to be ginger, so they had a bit of a time trying to wake me up afterwards. "Berna, wake up." Nothing. Then a nurse admired Merrily's necklace and ML, said, "It's a Tahitian pearl." I said, "A Tahitian Pearl" and woke up. So, we now know the magic words that get my attention.
 
BWeaves, I’m getting a little worried about you… your foot, finger, and now surgery?🥹 That’s a great story, though!

Rikitea strand from Cees, cherry Tahitian studs from a PP/Hong Kong Live event, and a vintage jade bracelet that was gifted to me from a dear friend.
View attachment 480885View attachment 480886
So that is how you wear pearls with a cowlneck, lol. The shaded bracelet (red/orange!) is so pretty and unique and picks up the color in the pistachio Tahitians.
 
Thanks JEG. It's been a rough couple of months. And we're moving, after 26 years in the same house. I hope I will be completely healed and we'll be moved by December. It's been A LOT. I gave up teaching 2 weaving classes back in September because I just couldn't do it all. And I had to bail on other commitments, and that made me very sad. I hope I can pick everything back up sometime next year once we're settled in the new place and I'm completely healed.

No pearls today for me. That's how off I feel.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top