Show Us Your Pearls In Action!!!

Thanks SurfnSci and 86C! Yes, SurfnSci, it’s an oldie and still a goodie! I always love seeing your gorgeous ombre combo, 86C, and that fun new charm bracelet is great!

I live in this. At home. More accurately, Hawaiian shorts. Because my dog sheds like crazy, I don’t wear street clothes around the house. The pearls I have been living in at home are a bracelet I made with silvery blue Akoya from Druzy, and my large (10.5) baroque Akoya studs from Takahashi Pearl.
831A0B55-DE3E-4725-93B0-88B29BACDA13.jpeg
315CF94F-5C89-4C90-9054-07FCA8601C20.jpeg

Since I have been living in the studs from Takahashi, I decided to ask if maybe they had large baroque pairs in white Akoya. I received photos of some very nice pairs to look at, but then… as an unexpected surprise they added two pairs of natural white Akoya into the mix. I thought they were quite beautiful, with great luster and natural pink. I chose a pair of the natural whites since they are harder to come by besides looking so nice. They are around 10.3mm. I also asked about a strand I had seen on their IG page. It’s a strand of silvery blue baroque Akoya. Couldn’t resist. It was a little late for decent lighting, but I‘ll be taking more pics of these pieces. (the other pair of natural whites is going to another PG friend, so I’ll get to see them in person one of these days!)
367EE632-104C-41F0-9ED8-C51D2BAE6BC3.jpeg
FBD49ACD-D136-4E99-AA97-4F449B86700C.jpeg
D78E1515-AEE1-488B-8546-096B5664106B.jpeg
AB6952FB-EC7E-45E9-BF84-E4814FD1CBFF.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks SurfnSci and 86C! Yes, SurfnSci, it’s an oldie and still a goodie! I always love seeing your gorgeous ombre combo, 86C, and that fun new charm bracelet is great!

I live in this. At home. More accurately, Hawaiian shorts. Because my dog sheds like crazy, I don’t wear street clothes around the house. The pearls I have been living in at home are a bracelet I made with silvery blue Akoya from Druzy, and my large (10.5) baroque Akoya studs from Takahashi Pearl.
View attachment 462214View attachment 462215

Since I have been living in the studs from Takahashi, I decided to ask if maybe they had large baroque pairs in white Akoya. I received photos of some very nice pairs to look at, but then… as an unexpected surprise they added two pairs of natural white Akoya into the mix. I thought they were quite beautiful, with great luster and natural pink. I chose a pair of the natural whites since they are harder to come by besides looking so nice. They are around 10.3mm. I also asked about a strand I had seen on their IG page. It’s a strand of silvery blue baroque Akoya. Couldn’t resist. It was a little late for decent lighting, but I‘ll be taking more pics of these pieces. (the other pair of natural whites is going to another PG friend, so I’ll get to see them in person one of these days!)
View attachment 462217View attachment 462216View attachment 462219View attachment 462218
Oh, Jeg! More gorgeous blues!!! Love the bracelet....so fun. Those natural whites will look fantastic as studs. The luster is gorgeous. And the iridescent pink tones to your new necklace is spectacular. I really want to play in your jewelry box.😉

I agree, what an amazing ombre, @86Corvettegirl , WOWZA! Fantastic luster, too.

@jeg Bestill my heart with your new Takahashis, what an incredible strand!!! Amazing color, luster and fabulous size (no PSS there, haha).

Thank you all for the pearl-inspiration this week! SS keshi from Druzy (with my attempt at an ombre look) and Atlas SS keshi studs from Pearlescence...
20220821_131413.jpeg
20220821_131838.jpeg

I agree, what an amazing ombre, @86Corvettegirl , WOWZA! Fantastic luster, too.

@jeg Bestill my heart with your new Takahashis, what an incredible strand!!! Amazing color, luster and fabulous size (no PSS there, haha).

Thank you all for the pearl-inspiration this week! SS keshi from Druzy (with my attempt at an ombre look) and Atlas SS keshi studs from Pearlescence...
View attachment 462232 View attachment 462231
Thanks, SurfnSci. Those ombré strands are some of my favorites, together or separately. T's go with so many styles!
I love how your GSS & WSS keshi necklace turned out! Perfect for Summer weather or a minimalist look year round. Looks gorgeous on you.

Thank you, 86C, Charlotta and SurfnSci! 86C, we can have a pearly playdate anytime. Be prepared for your eyes to glaze over before we’re finished going through all the tubs!o_O Sarah (Kojima), was visiting last month and we went through ALL the pearls! I think the only ones I forgot about were some Akoya pieces I was given as a kid. Thank you, SurfnSci! It’s a great strand. I will post more pics in better daylight.

I get together with a group of friends for an annual lunch every August. There are 15 of us, but not everyone can make it every year. This year marked our 25th year of getting together, so the hostess suggested we all wear silver. I kind of fudged and went with the silver color scheme rather than silver metal. Also, it was a little warm to wear too much jewelry because we sit on her big deck in the sun. Wearing a white Tahitian pendant from PP set on a little h bail, a large Tahitian pendant from Kojima, and earrings and keshi scatter chain I made.
2F00D719-C573-48D5-A693-94A896B7BFA1.jpeg
33A2BE03-7F53-4BF8-A448-2440423BCF42.jpeg

SurfnSci, all the delicate tin cup designs you’ve been coming up with are inspirational! I love them all!:giggle:

Thank you, 86C, Charlotta and SurfnSci! 86C, we can have a pearly playdate anytime. Be prepared for your eyes to glaze over before we’re finished going through all the tubs!o_O Sarah (Kojima), was visiting last month and we went through ALL the pearls! I think the only ones I forgot about were some Akoya pieces I was given as a kid. Thank you, SurfnSci! It’s a great strand. I will post more pics in better daylight.

I get together with a group of friends for an annual lunch every August. There are 15 of us, but not everyone can make it every year. This year marked our 25th year of getting together, so the hostess suggested we all wear silver. I kind of fudged and went with the silver color scheme rather than silver metal. Also, it was a little warm to wear too much jewelry because we sit on her big deck in the sun. Wearing a white Tahitian pendant from PP set on a little h bail, a large Tahitian pendant from Kojima, and earrings and keshi scatter chain I made.
View attachment 462233View attachment 462234
Jeg, you scattered keshi necklace is dreamy. I really should get a scattered tin cup. Silvery Tahitians are always a hit. You look lovely & your choices are perfect a hot day!
A pearl playdate sounds divine!

Thank you for your kind words, 86C and Jeg!

Wow, @jeg, that was a knockout Tahitian look yesterday; I especially love the Tahitian keshi scatter chain you made! Love your ombre FW and citrine necklace today, as well. So summer-y and pretty with lovely matching earrings, too! I love the duster earring look; how do you manage not to get them tangled in your hair? That's always my problem, haha.

Thank you, SurfnSci and 86C! I’ve made several of those Tahitian keshi scatter chains in different lengths, but for some reason, I tend to wear this one the most. SurfnSci, I’m not sure what keeps my hair out of the dangly earrings. I don’t know why but I don’t seem to get tangled much. At least that I notice.:shrug: Maybe because I mostly keep my hair behind my shoulders?

Oh, thank you SurfnSci! I am really happy with the Akoya from Takahashi! I left a few pearls out of the strand in order to make it a little shorter. Not sure if I will use the extras in a project, or just save them in case I want to extend the necklace down the road.

Golden SS Myanmar necklaces I put together with pearls and keshi from Druzy.
2A22FB8C-D6B9-410D-B8EC-E64C87B85ADD.jpeg
88607519-5B7E-4794-ABD6-CB0D76B933DD.jpeg

Oh, thank you SurfnSci! I am really happy with the Akoya from Takahashi! I left a few pearls out of the strand in order to make it a little shorter. Not sure if I will use the extras in a project, or just save them in case I want to extend the necklace down the road.

Golden SS Myanmar necklaces I put together with pearls and keshi from Druzy.
View attachment 462239View attachment 462240
Love the Goldens, Jeg. I just love the color mix.

Back