Sharing one of my projects

"As for the knotting..I have had the thread break at the needle (and I've had the needle eye break as well) so that I was left with two separate strands. I put a needle on each one and just proceeded on threading first one through and then the next ..then tying off the knot as usual. I finished the whole second half of a rope (it's always a rope..lol ) twice now using the two needle method. Just something to keep in mind :) "

Katbran, I am so glad to have read this suggestion!! I was working on stringing another pearl strand, and bam...the thread broke just as I was back threading to knot the second to last pearl (after attaching the clasp and gimp). This method worked wonderfully!!! You all are a wealth of knowledge, and I am so happy to have found this site.

Bailey, this project of yours makes me smile! I hope you are getting much wear out of it!

Always happy to pass on what little knowledge I have lol I find that with some thread , Beaders Secret is what I use, I need to move the needle along the thread so I'm not pulling on the same spot all the way through the necklace. So I knot 8 or 10 and then just slide the needle over an inch or so and then knot more .. it makes the threads uneven but that doesn't matter as they pull through evenly. That keeps the needle from cutting the thread. Also .. redrill the last three pearls so the hole is a bit larger..I just use a hand Dremel ..

Back