Seed Pearl shortener clip

So I was at BellaFindings yesterday looking for roundels for a project, and I came across this nifty little shortener!

Some of you may have seen this type of shortener before - this was the first time for me. I've only seen double round metal types that fit between the pearls. At first I thought it would work only on smaller size pearls, but it works very well with larger 13-14mm, and so far very sturdy for a little clip. Then I thought it could easily work as a lariat clip rather than tying a front knot. It may not work wth all pearl types and colors, as the seed pearls are white freshwater. Mostly I'll likely wear it in back. It's 14k and much less expensive that other types - I needed a shortener so I bought it. A great little find.

Hi Imgarden, what are those pearls on the bracelet? I am usally not a fan of unround pearls but these are soooo adorable!!!!

I have had one of these shorteners for years. I have never used it, but it's adorable.

Hi Imgarden, what are those pearls on the bracelet? I am usally not a fan of unround pearls but these are soooo adorable!!!!
Myizzkie, those are 14mm metallic Edson pearls - the photo makes it look like a bracelet, but it's an 18" necklace. I was surprised the shortener worked on large pearls!

Myizzkie, those are 14mm metallic Edson pearls - the photo makes it look like a bracelet, but it's an 18" necklace. I was surprised the shortener worked on large pearls!

Imgaden- I do not know much about Edison pearls other than they are bigger freshwater and being created certain way. I sent you a PM :)

Back