Sea of Cortez pearl ring (my first pearl purchase)

Hello everyone,

Sea of Cortez pearls are really beautiful and it looks like they have different shades. What is the most sough after or most popular shade? Is it more expensive if the pearl has more rainbow color in it?
Thank you experts!

The deep reddish purple is one of the most amazing colors. Here is the link to Hisano's special Sea of Cortez pearl.

https://www.pearlparadise.com/blogs/mrs-pearl-paradise/the-matryoshka-cortez-pearl-necklace

There is similar colorful pearl out on the Sea of Cortez website right now that I'm lusting after.

IMG_2144s.jpg

Be still my heart!! Red your new studs are fantastic. We need an earshot when they arrive.

Here are a pair of incredible SoC and Aquaprase™ earrings that I recently sold...they had the most amazing color to them, and I was secretly hoping they would never sell.IMG_0539.jpg

JP, I was lusting after those earrings! Hahaha. But I have to be able to try them on, because my ears have a weight limit. I'm glad they went to a good home.

Red, excellent choice. The studs are gorgeous. That pendant wow.

My Sea of Cortez studs arrived today, and, as requested, here are a few photos.

Straight out of the box and showing their unusual beige/tan body color.

20190329_163933.jpg

Gem grade SoC have amazing luster and overtones. Here next to my SoC triple pendant set in Palladium by Stephen Vincent Design.

20190329_125937.jpg

Love these on the ear. Not dark and not silver; just a great color.

20190329_130549.jpg

Color comparison to my new GSS from Oceanscove and a peacock Tahitian from Pearl Paradise. The overtones are popping on all three pearls. I love them all. 😊

20190329_125431.jpg

Ooh Red those earrings are just stunning in person ... even prettier, and they look wonderful on you. How do they look with that new Tahitian ring you got, with similar ? coloring? Congratulations!!!

Ooh Red those earrings are just stunning in person ... even prettier, and they look wonderful on you. How do they look with that new Tahitian ring you got, with similar ? coloring? Congratulations!!!

Thank you, CathyKeshi. The Kamoka ring is a bit darker and more olive, but I won't hesitate to wear them together. And, it really depends on the light.

This one shows mostly body color.

20190329_213820.jpg

Here are the pretty overtones.

20190330_133021.jpg

A group shot, just because I thought they looked pretty.

20190330_133156.jpg

Userang, what a way to start your pearl collection - Sea of Cortez! Your ring has such luscious deep color. Yum.
~Elizabeth

Now I see the difference, Red, but like you ... I like them all, and even together ... they're like favored cousins!

Back